It might be a ground issue then. Does your table have a ground wire, or is it one of the cheap sony's that are internally grounded (built in preamp)? Does it happen on any input, or just your turntable? Try turning it up where you can hear the hum and move the balance around on your speakers, and also adjust the volume a bit. If you get pops and static, it probably just needs cleaned.

cheap Sony. I'm upgrading after I move eventually. great advice. thanks. I clean them great and barely ever have pops anymore.

cheap Sony. I'm upgrading after I move eventually. great advice. thanks. I clean them great and barely ever have pops anymore.

If you have a can of deoxit, or somewhere that sells it, open the receiver up and spray all the connections with it and also spray behind the knobs and turn them back and forth a bunch. That should clear out any oxidation and improve the receiver. How old is it?

If you have a can of deoxit, or somewhere that sells it, open the receiver up and spray all the connections with it and also spray behind the knobs and turn them back and forth a bunch. That should clear out any oxidation and improve the receiver. How old is it?

No joke, have you ever thought of getting into technical audio or related fields? You know a lot about this stuff.

receiver is about 10+ and the turntable is about 5 years old.

I would actually love to, but I doubt I know enough to really be of us. There is also not very many places left around that do it, and the one shop I asked only has one employee and does not need anymore right now :(.

I have thought about asking if he wants an unpaid apprentice a day or two a week, just so I can learn more. Soldering is my weak point in the process now.

receiver is about 10+ and the turntable is about 5 years old.

Hmm, 10 years is enough to oxidize, but the symptoms don't usually start that soon. Did the noise just start? Have you recently moved it to a different area/new outlet? It may sound dumb, but it you have a wifi router or cordless phone near, it can sometimes cause hum if your cables are not shielded.

Hmm, 10 years is enough to oxidize, but the symptoms don't usually start that soon. Did the noise just start? Have you recently moved it to a different area/new outlet? It may sound dumb, but it you have a wifi router or cordless phone near, it can sometimes cause hum if your cables are not shielded.

no, it didnt just start, its been there..i just cant go above 50. (enter Speed joke)

the router and phone are other side of room. i think maybe my speaker is too close? can a magnetic thing happen?

no, it didnt just start, its been there..i just cant go above 50. (enter Speed joke)

the router and phone are other side of room. i think maybe my speaker is too close? can a magnetic thing happen?

It is very possible. Try to move them away a bit, and see if it helps. If not, try touching all your cables when you hear the noise, and see if by doing so it goes away or is reduced.

just finished up my Best Coast poster and i sent it to her/them. so nervous im about to throw up.

It a contest, or did they see your work and ask you to make one? Either way that is awesome.

I really shouldn't, but I'm going to order quite a few of the records from my want list this weekend. I've been sitting on some too long, and a lot are still available retail, so why not? I should be saving though.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone....

This isn't you?!?!?!?!?!?!? photo-thumb-19795.jpeg?_r=1439872247

I actually look pretty damn similar when my hair gets long. That's why I never let it get that long, it's impossible to keep going the right way. My eyes are kinda that hazel color if I'm wearing the right shirt too, but it depends, they look really blue or green if I wear a shirt of that respective color.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic