Good morning folks. Hope everyone is enjoying the same nice fall weather I am  :)

On a more depressing note, fall is really tough on me and I'm going through some huge shit right now. Like, really bad. I tried to kill myself 12 years ago and times like this I wish I'd succeeded.
Don't worry, I'm too much of a coward to ever try again.
Ok, sorry everyone. You can talk about anime for a bit if you want.

Don't ever apologize for needing to clear your head or get something off your chest. In the short time I have been here you guys have made me feel welcome and comfortable so I'm quite sure you know the others have your back as well since you've all been friends far longer. Good vibes to you sir and a wish for continued healing.

Nice. I like the way that fuzzy headband seems like it would be a great choice for someone like me who is bald. I love my Kickers, but the sudo leather isn't the best for a bald guy

I put off 3 papers that were all due this week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) until the day before they were due.  I just finished the last one.  It's due at 9 tomorrow morning.  If I didn't have to still read Thomas Middleton's The Changeling before I go to bed, I might be a little more stoked.  

You sound just like my wife. She will have a project sitting around for 6 months for 12-20 illustrations for a book she's been contracted for, and will do them all in the Nth hour. That's just the way she operates, always better under the gun

Last night was the first time I've watched an entire baseball game in at least 8 yrs.  I am now reliving it through my social media stream this morning.  

I have to live it in real life. Nobody shuts up about sports here in Pittsburgh, even if the Pirates are usually awful.

Without falling asleep?

I'm very impressed.

As was I, E

Weed sometimes gives me energy.  Probably helped.  

The last game I went to was at Wrigley.  The one before was in STL.  

I played baseball growing up, so it's not the game I have any issues with.  Watching baseball is boring.  

I despise the redbirds.  

I have to live it in real life. Nobody shuts up about sports here in Pittsburgh, even if the Pirates are usually awful.

I heard that.  Though, you folks have always had that hockey love going on to.  The Steelers are an institution.  

You cannot walk 5 min in IN without hearing or seeing something having to do w the Cubs.

As was I, E

Weed sometimes gives me energy.  Probably helped.  

The last game I went to was at Wrigley.  The one before was in STL.  

I played baseball growing up, so it's not the game I have any issues with.  Watching baseball is boring.  

I despise the redbirds.  

I hear you. It's hard to explain to people how weed gives me energy & alcohol makes me tired. Why I prefer the former.

Twins forever

I heard that.  Though, you folks have always had that hockey love going on to.  The Steelers are an institution.  

You cannot walk 5 min in IN without hearing or seeing something having to do w the Cubs.

Every sport is like a religion here...teachers wear our colors and talk about the game during lessons, even changing the homework agenda so as not to coincide with a game night. 

I'd imagine it's on a similar scale, then.

giphy.gif

Are you sure we aren't related???????

Diehard myself since they beat the redbirds in '87

Rad dude.  Rad.   ;)

yes-gif.gif

Grew up watching Twins & Vikings. For whatever reason they've always been my father's teams. Neither of us have ever lived in the Midwest hahaha.

Grew up watching Twins & Vikings. For whatever reason they've always been my father's teams. Neither of us have ever lived in the Midwest hahaha.

Yeah, I'm a 'skins fan.  I like to see the Colts do well, considering it's good for the state, and we had to pay for their fucking stadium.  

I'll be in the back of the class, waiting patiently for another 20 yrs before either accomplish getting to the series/big game.  

I was a Sonics fan as well.  I've been without for a while there.  

I don't follow sports hardly at all anymore, with good reason.  Burnt out.  

Walking to the post office in my pajamas and "Life is an endless series of disappointing bullshit" sweater like I even give a fuck.

No clue why I have to go pick this one up. Might have been a different guy. I spoke with our regular carrier a few times and he knows to just leave packages.

I can't sports. I tried, and I can't see shit and then that whole having to be coordinated thing... I can't sports.

I don't play or follow sports. They're not interesting to me at all. Well, I guess I used to play games with the kids in my neighborhood, but I'm pretty against organized sports.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic