I don't play or follow sports. They're not interesting to me at all. Well, I guess I used to play games with the kids in my neighborhood, but I'm pretty against organized sports.

I played football in high school. I like a team from each of the 4 main US sports, but really only follow/occasionally watch NFL.

I get the importance of organized sports with the team work & physical activity aspects, but the pedestal sports are held up on is ridiculous.

baseball: Cubs

hockey: Sabres

feetsball: Dolphins/Colts/Seahawks   (childhood team/born in Indiana/closest team/I don't really care about it enough to choose)

Baskets: Blazers

Only one I really keep up with any more is basketball though, but I'm glad to hear that the Cubs made the playoffs this year.

I get the importance of organized sports with the team work & physical activity aspects, but the pedestal sports are held up on is ridiculous.

I feel mostly the same. I hate the over-competitive aspect of it too, though. I know that's kind of the point, but people take it way too seriously.

I wish the post office was like one block further away. Not even a long enough walk for half a cigarette.

I wish I lived close enough to my post office that I could walk. I'm in the middle of 2, both are 3 miles in either direction.

I feel mostly the same. I hate the over-competitive aspect of it too, though. I know that's kind of the point, but people take it way too seriously.

Exactly. It becomes their life, & that's scary. I mean, it's a fucking game.

Sports is dumb. The way people invest their whole personalities in a specific team is frightening. It should be legal to punch people who refer to their team as "we" in the face.

Do you feel this way when a couple says they're pregnant, but only the woman actually is?

Exactly. If becomes their life, & that's scary. I mean, it's a fucking game.

Do you feel this way when a couple says they're pregnant, but only the woman actually is?

If my English education is to be trusted, we call this a synecdoche. That's a word we use so little that it got a red underline.

No but only because it's overrided by "Ew, why?"

Ha! :lol:

If my English education is to be trusted, we call this a synecdoche. That's a word we use so little that it got a red underline.

I had to look this up.

You are right.

& that's one of Bruce's favorite movies (that he's not in): Synecdoche, NY

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic