One of my friends liver failed when he was 32. Thankfully it started functioning again after a bunch of medical help, but he can no longer drink and has to eat a special diet for the rest of his life. It happened after he got depressed and drank 1-2 bottle of jack a day for months on end.

My dad got Hepatitis C from the army (they vaccinated everyone at boot camp with the same needle) and then about 10 years ago relapsed hard into alcoholism. His doctor told him "If you don't stop drinking you won't make it through the year"

That is horrible. Hep C is no joke, it does destroy livers like nothing. I can't believe that'd use the same needle, even back then.

My dad got Hepatitis C from the army (they vaccinated everyone at boot camp with the same needle) and then about 10 years ago relapsed hard into alcoholism. His doctor told him "If you don't stop drinking you won't make it through the year"

That's tough. When was he in the army? Seems like something they wouldn't let happen.

That is horrible. Hep C is no joke, it does destroy livers like nothing. I can't believe that'd use the same needle, even back then.

Yeah, pretty sure he got a settlement out of it. That my mom took in the divorce.

But the government at least paid for him to have some new experimental treatment. He just had a biopsy and he's Hep C free for the first time in almost 50 years

Some kids I know were out shrooming and got spooked by car lights, ran across the road from the field they were in and jumped in a ditch to hide. Problem is, this ditch was full of trash the DOT had thrown there temporarily while repaving, so one of them punctured a lung & broke some bones, while the other one fell on a pole or a piece of rebar or angle iron and it broke his liver in 4 pieces and he had to have it sewn back together.... 

Yeah, pretty sure he got a settlement out of it. That my mom took in the divorce.

But the government at least paid for him to have some new experimental treatment. He just had a biopsy and he's Hep C free for the first time in almost 50 years

I guess at least they "made up" for their errors. Good to hear he is hep c free now. The divorce part sucks.

Morning folks! My Friday has arrived yet again.

Morning Brian. I want it to be my Friday, but Friday is my Friday. Too many Fridays.

Yeah it's super cool he didn't die. Kind of a bummer I can't have a beer with him though.

Good he didn't die, but that does suck not being able to have a beer with him.

Some kids I know were out shrooming and got spooked by car lights, ran across the road from the field they were in and jumped in a ditch to hide. Problem is, this ditch was full of trash the DOT had thrown there temporarily while repaving, so one of them punctured a lung & broke some bones, while the other one fell on a pole or a piece of rebar or angle iron and it broke his liver in 4 pieces and he had to have it sewn back together....

Holy fucking shit. I can barely comprehend stubbing my toe when I'm stoned. I can't even imagine that kind of injury SOBER let alone fucking tripping.

Holy shit, that is crazy. Good thing he survived. The liver is a pretty hardy organ, thankfully, but once it goes bad it will never be the same.

Do what I do when that happens, close your eyes and run your finger over your records until you stop or feel one you want. It does not work if you know where everything is in your collection though.

Holy fucking shit. I can barely comprehend stubbing my toe when I'm stoned. I can't even imagine that kind of injury SOBER let alone fucking tripping.

The brother that had the liver injury was a friend of mine and I had pierced his tongue years before and he passed out from the adrenaline rush afterward so I can't imagine how he took that one. He's still up and kicking though! 

Holy shit, that is crazy. Good thing he survived. The liver is a pretty hardy organ, thankfully, but once it goes bad it will never be the same.

Yes it is, and being teenagers didn't hurt either... you can damn near walk through fire until your mid twenties, and then shit starts to hurt....

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic