Can't tell if trolling or ate paint chips as a kid.

I'd say a combo of both. He is not very coherent, and makes the least intelligent posts I've ever read. He might also be 14 years old (no offense to the Doms). 

His remarks on Caspian make no sense. How can he make any claims when he has not seen them. I can deal with people not liking bands I like a lot, but when it's based on nothing like his arguments, it gets grating. 

I can't decide if I want to get a RaspberryPi or a cheap Pogoplug E02 for my new streaming set-up. With the Pi I can get an optical out to use with my current Schiit Modi, but if I wen with the Pogoplug I'd have to get a use DAC. Wish I'd have went with the Schiit Modi Uber.

EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS

Pick up vinyl editions available exclusively from Barnes & Noble, including albums by The Beatles, Andrea Bocelli, Harry Connick Jr., Neko Case, Tony Bennett, and Yo-Yo Ma, among many other artists.

Yo-Yo Ma guys!!!!!!!!

Woo! Exclusives too!

I'd say a combo of both. He is not very coherent, and makes the least intelligent posts I've ever read. He might also be 14 years old (no offense to the Doms). 

His remarks on Caspian make no sense. How can he make any claims when he has not seen them. I can deal with people not liking bands I like a lot, but when it's based on nothing like his arguments, it gets grating. 

Did you see his response? He is essentially arguing on my behalf now. Haha. Oh geez.

And no, the dude is straight up 29 years old.

That's what bothers me. He claims all this shit, says how he wants them to be like someone else, and he hasn't even seen them live. Then he brings up my collection, like that has something to do with it. I never said I knew more or my opinion matters more because I have more Caspian records. I, however, have been listening to them for almost 10 years, have seen them more times than I can count, and have had personal discussions about the band and the music with the band. Not only that but true Caspian fans are agreeing with me in the thread. It's not just my opinion, it's fact cause I know what I'm talking about; I love this band. Dude listens to post rock for a month and thinks he knows everything. I don't get complaining about a band and how you want them to be like other bands, especially when you don't really care.

I can't decide if I want to get a RaspberryPi or a cheap Pogoplug E02 for my new streaming set-up. With the Pi I can get an optical out to use with my current Schiit Modi, but if I wen with the Pogoplug I'd have to get a use DAC. Wish I'd have went with the Schiit Modi Uber.

Trade / sell the Modi for the Uber. List it on head-fi. I would pass on anything streaming honestly, but that's just me.

I am currently having a few beers and listening to Judge's 'Bringin' It Down'...does that make me some sort of hypocrite?

In my professional opinion no, since I have a very old straight edge tattoo on my ankle and a bag of dank on the desk beside me... 

Did you see his response? He is essentially arguing on my behalf now. Haha. Oh geez.

And no, the dude is straight up 29 years old.

That's what bothers me. He claims all this shit, says how he wants them to be like someone else, and he hasn't even seen them live. Then he brings up my collection, like that has something to do with it. I never said I knew more or my opinion matters more because I have more Caspian records. I, however, have been listening to them for almost 10 years, have seen them more times than I can count, and have had personal discussions about the band and the music with the band. Not only that but true Caspian fans are agreeing with me in the thread. It's not just my opinion, it's fact cause I know what I'm talking about; I love this band. Dude listens to post rock for a month and thinks he knows everything. I don't get complaining about a band and how you want them to be like other bands, especially when you don't really care.

His rebuttal, once again, makes no sense. How can you claim to be a huge fan (one of his favorites) yet still want them to be like someone else? Everything you have said is true, and he is just no reading into it. He seems to be ignoring your opinion, and just going with his limited knowledge on what should and shouldn't be. I've seen him around the post rock threads a lot, and he does act like he knows a lot for someone who just got into it. Dude is a moron, I understand you defending your favorite band, but at this point it just seems like a lost cause. It goes way over his head, and he reverts to his childish self to make a counter point. Dude certainly ate paint chips as a kid.

Trade / sell the Modi for the Uber. List it on head-fi. I would pass on anything streaming honestly, but that's just me.

I was thinking of doing that. Streaming, while obviously not ideal is quite convenient for me. I only have a laptop, and I'm not sitting close enough to my system to plug it directly in. Been listening to vinyl a lot more again, so may hold off on any upgrades, since I want a nice DAP.

I am currently having a few beers and listening to Judge's 'Bringin' It Down'...does that make me some sort of hypocrite?

Nah, enjoy the beer and straight edge music. 

His rebuttal, once again, makes no sense. How can you claim to be a huge fan (one of his favorites) yet still want them to be like someone else? Everything you have said is true, and he is just no reading into it. He seems to be ignoring your opinion, and just going with his limited knowledge on what should and shouldn't be. I've seen him around the post rock threads a lot, and he does act like he knows a lot for someone who just got into it. Dude is a moron, I understand you defending your favorite band, but at this point it just seems like a lost cause. It goes way over his head, and he reverts to his childish self to make a counter point. Dude certainly ate paint chips as a kid.

That dude loves talking to himself. And it really is a lost cause. It is like arguing with a kid. They say what they want to say, and don't take into consideration the other side.

I was thinking of doing that. Streaming, while obviously not ideal is quite convenient for me. I only have a laptop, and I'm not sitting close enough to my system to plug it directly in. Been listening to vinyl a lot more again, so may hold off on any upgrades, since I want a nice DAP.

Yeah, the individual set ups definitely take some time. As you know, I was lucky and got all my stuff new-used / used, so I was able to get everything pretty quick. If you are in a larger space, then sure, stream it up. I like being in a smaller space so everything is easily accessible.

I sit in front of my tv:

ulo3oed.jpg

I manage to attach my Macbook to my TV, and run my audio through my AMP and DAC, which you can see on the middle lower shelf.

My table is only a few feet away from my amp and speakers which is nice. Don't have to resort to steaming or using long cables.

0jjjiYj.jpg

We were all young and made choices we have to live with forever. But honestly, it's another road sign of the journey that has been my life ya know? 

I just wanted to make that joke. Haha. I have a really old photo of me wearing a Nike EDGE shirt. We were all kids at one point, different versions of ourselves. No judgement here, friend. <3

Is it a Huffy?

Do they still make that brand?? I'm amazed that expensive bikes from when I was younger like Diamondback & Mongoose are now Walmart/Kamart brands... How times change

I just wanted to make that joke. Haha. I have a really old photo of me wearing a Nike EDGE shirt. We were all kids at one point, different versions of ourselves. No judgement here, friend. <3

None taken :) I was just saying to my wife that at 17 you have to have something to stand for and since you haven't really done shit, might as well fight against something you haven't done or have no use for yet. My friends all still give me shit about it lol

None taken :) I was just saying to my wife that at 17 you have to have something to stand for and since you haven't really done shit, might as well fight against something you haven't done or have no use for yet. My friends all still give me shit about it lol

I don't even remember what I was like at 17. Probably just a rebellious little asshole, listening to punk, and skating. Haha.

I don't even remember what I was like at 17. Probably just a rebellious little asshole, listening to punk, and skating. Haha.

I was as intently as possible the complete opposite of every preppy asshat I went to school with who listened to Led Zeppelin & The Grateful Dead & Phish & Widespread Panic... I hated that music for so many years because the people that liked them enjoyed making me feel bad for being the metal/punk rock/hard core guy with stretched ears... I remember having a fucking blast making a home made Youth of Today shirt with the screen printing machine in senior art :D Took me a long time to realize that those other bands are great, it was just those kids that sucked...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic