Gallbladder does not want me to sleep tonight, in a bit of pain and can't lay down. It's currently 4am and I have to be up in 3 hours. There will most certainly be a post later with me expressing my hatred for work, and complaining about my lack of sleep.

have you gotten it looked at? i had gallbladder attacks for about year, until one attack landed me in the ER. had it out the next month.

I don't agree with this at all. 

Our problem is people misinterpreting religion and using it as a weapon to hate on things they don't understand.

There is nothing wrong with religion.

Yes, some people use it as an excuse for violence. But it does get in the way of science

Yes, some people use it as an excuse for violence. But it does get in the way of science

I can see that side of things too, I'm a very spiritual person though (not so much religious) so I understand both sides. There is so much that we'll honestly never understand, I don't think it's really possible to be 100% on one end of the spectrum. 

Gallbladder does not want me to sleep tonight, in a bit of pain and can't lay down. It's currently 4am and I have to be up in 3 hours. There will most certainly be a post later with me expressing my hatred for work, and complaining about my lack of sleep.

I saw your post on instagram. :(  I feel so bad that you have to deal with this pain all the time.  I wish you could get it taken care of.  Have you thought about finding a job with benefits?  Or taking an insurance plan out yourself?  I know money is a BIG factor, but I know for my ailments I have to weigh the discomfort vs the price to get it sorted out.

Almost all religions support ignorance.

Just depends on how you look at it, I mean, I can agree with this to an extent too.

It's really long an confusing to explain how I look at it, I'm definitely not trying to fight or get into it, you know?

Obviously as a human rights activist, I don't agree with most stand points religions make. But there is a good foundation, a lot of it has just been flawed and misconstrued.

I have already been torn up on here for my anti-religion views.

Dude, no, I would never in a million years tear someone apart for their personal beliefs (unless they were dehumanizing.)

I had a veeeery different upbringing than most and I've been apart of many religions. So I see why people follow them but I also see why they're so shitty.

Hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.  I grew up going to church, etc. but I never felt a connection there.  Once I made my confirmation I wasn't forced to go anymore and I haven't been since.  The only church services I attend are the ones I'm shooting the weddings for, and those are church masses, which isn't even the religion I was brought up on.

I think once the discrimination and resistance against same sex couples came to the forefront is when I really knew that my lack of connection to religion wasn't a bad thing (I always felt kind of guilty about it).  With that said, I don't think I'm anti-religion, I'm just disappointed in the idea of accepting all as God's children except if you fall under categories A, B, or C.  So, no religion for me.

I agree 110% with Ashton's last paragraph.

I do believe in a God but in more of terms of the universe. I do not believe that God as hateful as certain religions make God out to be.

The base of the Bible (which I don't really believe in), is that God is all knowing and all loving, accepting. Somewhere, people fucked that alllllll up and made exceptions.

There are many people in my family, and that are life long friends of my family, that are gay and to see them struggle for such simple things in life breaks my heart.  I won't get married in a church because of it.  How could I stand up there and pretend to pledge myself to the Bible's idea of holy matrimony when there are people sitting in the pews behind me who can't ever do that?  Especially if they remain loyal to their religion through all of the inequalities they're experiencing.  It's just not right.

My lack of religion comes from a lot of things. Mainly my parents were both brought up religious and rejected it so they decided that my brother and I could choose religion later on if we wanted to. So all growing up I was an atheist and actually caught a bunch of flack from friends for it. Now the whole idea of a higher power doesn't make any sense to me. Both of my parents are scientists so I was brought up questioning things and looking at them analytically. The idea of God if you operationalize it makes no sense to me. A being that is up in a magical place that controls everything that goes on and created everything. Try and convince someone of that when they we're brought up being indoctrinated in religion and you'll seem insane. 

Religion isn't the only moral compass, nor is it a particularly good one.

Most religions have some positive sentiments but overall I think the bad outweighs the good with regards to wars, violence and persecution.

My two cents. I know plenty of kind religious people, but if there were an absence of religion I think they'd still be kind.

Yeah, all of my best friends are gay and my uncles are gay. Seeing hate first hand makes it really, really hard to believe in anything.

That's generally why it's so hard for me to talk about being a spiritual person because in return I get slammed/judged for things that I don't agree with/partake in.

It's really, really hard to explain my stance. But all in all, I've been told that if I had to be lumped into one religion it would be Buddism, hahahha. But once again, though it's one of the kindest religions, people like my piece of shit father identify as being Buddist and it's just a mess because you're throwing ignorance and not good people into a religion. Which now develops the stigma of having an ignorant, not nice following.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic