2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

@GHOSTDRONES you like a lot of DC hardcore/post-hardcore bands, did you ever get into Kerosene 454? My buddy has been talking about them for quite some time and I finally got around to listening, pretty brilliant. Maybe not Fugazi level but I found the first album to be very enjoyable. Also finally got around to hearing more Hot Snakes since I've been on a big DLJ kick lately. I really like Suicide Invoice, I'm going to have to pickup a copy soon. I think I need to explore the Rocket catalog more next

Love Kerosene 454... so good.

Automatic Midnight and Audit In Progress are my favorites from Hot Snakes... live they are even better... " Our Work Fills the Pews!!!!"

RFTC is awesome as well. Album wise, Scream Dracula, Scream

Circa: Now

Hot Charity

...and the All Systems Go comps are all pretty great. 

Edited by GHOSTDRONES

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Love Kerosene 454... so good.

Automatic Midnight and Audit In Progress are my favorites from Hot Snakes... live they are even better... " Our Work Fills the Pews!!!!"

RFTC is awesome as well. Album wise, Scream Dracula, Scream

Circa: Now

Hot Charity

...and the All Systems Go comps are all pretty great. 

I've heard scream dracula scream and paint as a fragrance but I will check out all those and Automatic Midnight thanks

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

Sorry it took so long to get out </3

Took a couple weeks to ship. Minor corner ding. PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. 0/10 F-

Considering you shipped me a record before receiving payment, I think you're alright kid. Hope you enjoyed your little cartoon convention <3

Then again, I also got a record from Amazon today that I ordered on Sunday. Why can't you be more like Amazon, what the fuck?

Speaking of which, the Amazon order came in a giant fucking box. I was mortified and afraid to open it to see the damage. Inside it was in a proper LP mailer and plastic wrapped to a piece of cardboard. What the fuck? The record was packaged just fine and perfectly safe...and then they added more cardboard, plastic wrap, and another box.

We order enough shit from Amazon, I should start documenting the completely ridiculous and wasteful ways they send us shit. My favorite was the nail polish they sent us in a box that could have held a thousand things of nail polish.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Took a couple weeks to ship. Minor corner ding. PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. 0/10 F-

Considering you shipped me a record before receiving payment, I think you're alright kid. Hope you enjoyed your little cartoon convention <3

they aren't Chinese cartoons, mom

Remind me and I'll talk a  bit more about it later. Trying to do homework right now. Shipped out a few other peoples' stuff at the same time, so you aren't the only one who had to wait :/. I get picked up at around four and the PO closes at about 430 so by the time I get home I hardly end up with time to make it down unless I really rush and my ride is right on time.

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Remind me and I'll talk a  bit more about it later. Trying to do homework right now. Shipped out a few other peoples' stuff at the same time, so you aren't the only one who had to wait :/. I get picked up at around four and the PO closes at about 430 so by the time I get home I hardly end up with time to make it down unless I really rush and my ride is right on time.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Then again, I also got a record from Amazon today that I ordered on Sunday. Why can't you be more like Amazon, what the fuck?

Speaking of which, the Amazon order came in a giant fucking box. I was mortified and afraid to open it to see the damage. Inside it was in a proper LP mailer and plastic wrapped to a piece of cardboard. What the fuck? The record was packaged just fine and perfectly safe...and then they added more cardboard, plastic wrap, and another box.

We order enough shit from Amazon, I should start documenting the completely ridiculous and wasteful ways they send us shit. My favorite was the nail polish they sent us in a box that could have held a thousand things of nail polish.

I've had some truly backass shipping from them that I wish I had documented. Worst damage I have ever had was a minor seam split or warp though. 

1 minute ago, Holo said:

I literally called the anime convention a "Chinese cartoon party" in that post originally and thought "Eh, maybe that's too much"

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

I literally called the anime convention a "Chinese cartoon party" in that post originally and thought "Eh, maybe that's too much"

Man, both of our posts shit the bed hahaha. Freaking new forum.

I may have taken some pictures. I played cards with one of the VAs from a show I really liked too, so that's at least a story, right?

I manage the deli department in a grocery store. Our slicers are right handed so at least 10x a week I hear some variation on tedious "That must be quite the workout!" "I bet you've got a strong right hook!" jokes.

We just out a pull up bar in our apartment so I decided to test this out for shits and giggles. I did like 7 one handed pull ups with my right arm before it got hard and I gave up (I probably could have done about twice that if felt like struggling). Could barely do one with my left arm.

It's a good thing I stopped bowling 3 games every day before I got this job or my arms would be visibly and CARTOONISHLY different sizes.

19 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I had one that came that way, was fine thankfully. The other 4 records in in record mailers in a big box with a bunch of bubble wrap. Amazon love to waste resources on shipping materials.

What's CFUTF's run you?

19 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I had one that came that way, was fine thankfully. The other 4 records in in record mailers in a big box with a bunch of bubble wrap. Amazon love to waste resources on shipping materials.

What's CFUTF's run you?

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I manage the deli department in a grocery store. Our slicers are right handed so at least 10x a week I hear some variation on tedious "That must be quite the workout!" "I bet you've got a strong right hook!" jokes.

We just out a pull up bar in our apartment so I decided to test this out for shits and giggles. I did like 7 one handed pull ups with my right arm before it got hard and I gave up (I probably could have done about twice that if felt like struggling). Could barely do one with my left arm.

It's a good thing I stopped bowling 3 games every day before I got this job or my arms would be visibly and CARTOONISHLY different sizes.

something something masturbation joke.

46 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

What's CFUTF's run you?

My favorite Amazon package was the time they shipped two glass frames with a plastic bottle of floor polish and a metal rolling pin. Both frames shattered and the floor polish bottle split open. It was such a colossal fuck up that I'm pretty sure we ended up getting that order for free even after they shipped us replacements.

Rez said he found CFUTF for $40 at his local shop. Getting one for under $50 was a big deal. One sold for a few hundred on eBay recently I think. Average from what I've seen seems to be about $70

I had it in my cart for $15 last time Gilead repressed it. For weeks I said "Next pay check..."

I am really bummed my copy of IIOI Standards sounds terrible. I thought it was just dirty, so I cleaned it and after it was cleaned all the scratches on it became noticeable. This is the second time I've gotten a fucked up record from Triple Crown that was scratched beyond repair. I really don't want to buy another one, like I did with Foxing, but I will since it's one of my favorites records of the year and Evan is awesome. Bummed a Triple Crown though :(. Cleaning made it sound a ton better, but there are some pretty deep scratches on the A side that make a lot of noise. I have cardboard printed sleeves.

I am really bummed my copy of IIOI Standards sounds terrible. I thought it was just dirty, so I cleaned it and after it was cleaned all the scratches on it became noticeable. This is the second time I've gotten a fucked up record from Triple Crown that was scratched beyond repair. I really don't want to buy another one, like I did with Foxing, but I will since it's one of my favorites records of the year and Evan is awesome. Bummed a Triple Crown though :(. Cleaning made it sound a ton better, but there are some pretty deep scratches on the A side that make a lot of noise. I hate printed sleeves.

Edited by Thomas³

25 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I am really bummed my copy of IIOI Standards sounds terrible. I thought it was just dirty, so I cleaned it and after it was cleaned all the scratches on it became noticeable. This is the second time I've gotten a fucked up record from Triple Crown that was scratched beyond repair. I really don't want to buy another one, like I did with Foxing, but I will since it's one of my favorites records of the year and Evan is awesome. Bummed a Triple Crown though :(. Cleaning made it sound a ton better, but there are some pretty deep scratches on the A side that make a lot of noise. I hate printed sleeves.

What color did you get? I can't remember exactly what people were saying but I think I remember some bitching about noise on certain colors back when it came out.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic