Atlantic Records

noodle

Try these instead...

It's not mind-blowing or anything, but 17 years ago I thought it was bad ass... now I just like it for nostalgic value.

Holy shit, I've never heard any sugar ray like that hahah. Nothing so special but musically it sounds leaps and bounds better than their radio hits and such. Which is also just fun nostalgic fluff for me. I have a few of the 12" singles. I think it's funny, because there's an acapella track for Someday on one, that you can tell that the vocal was very subtly autotuned, even back then. You can barely tell in the final track.

Were these songs like interspersed between tracks like those on their albums and shit? Or did they have an early period or something like that

lemonade & brownies WAS bad ass. And i played the shit out of Floored too.

14:59 was good for what it was.

the self titled was listenable....

and then they did some other shit that was just fucking awful.

i miss you ass kicking sugar ray.... you had so much potential.

those vids are from their first album.

my understanding is they recorded Fly and put it on their 2nd album for lols. ...but then it was a huge hit. and buckets of money were thrown at them. so they dumped the bad assery, went radio friendly and Mark never sang like that again. breaks my heart.

stopped at her house today and she has a huge framed piece with her name on it with 7 different albums w/ artwork, etc.  must have been the best sellers, my guess. 

All albums from 1999...was an award for 1999, of course.  Respective albums by artists released in same year.  I'm sure you all can figure these out...

Kid Rock

Collective Soul

Matchbox 20

Tori Amos

Sugar Ray

Forgot the other 2....one I didn't know who it was.  She did say she has vinyl for above mentioned.

Majority of her vinyl is at her parent's place.  I did pick up a few vinyl today, as well as a bunch of old cds, some still sealed.  

I've caught a nasty cold and feel like garbage now, but I will get back on soon.  The vinyl I have today was nothing to get excited about.  No news except that she is wanting to help me out.  In turn, I'm hoping that I can come through for some folks here.  

I've caught a nasty cold and feel like garbage now, but I will get back on soon.  The vinyl I have today was nothing to get excited about.  No news except that she is wanting to help me out.  In turn, I'm hoping that I can come through for some folks here.  

Shitty shit about the cold.

What vinyl is "nothing to get excited about"?

Some of us are pretty easily excited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I assisted Craig Kallman with digging through a collection my buddy was selling that he had bought for his shop this past weekend.  He let Craig have first look.  He's the CEO of Atlantic, super nice guy.  His collection consists of over 750,000 lps.  Probably one of the coolest experiences I've had in a long time.