Does anyone here ride motorcycles?

tokimedo

I started riding on a Honda Shadow 750 a few years ago... glad I started with a 750. It was more than enough power for me at the time, however I know I would've wanted to move up after a few years had I not sold it when I moved from Hawaii. 

Now that I'm in Florida (mind you I'm poor) I decided to get a less expensive bike, which is why I purchased a 2012 CBR 250. I didn't want a ton of power, I just wanted gas milage. In time I'll get my dream bike (Fatboy) but this is treating me pretty well right now. Perfect for riding around the city and going from point A to point B. 

563337_3678913088397_1631411443_n.jpg

i dont like crotch rockets but that cbr is very pretty. that exhaust bothers me for some reason though. 

I don't like crotch rockets either. I literally only bought this because it gets 70+ mpg and because brand new it's list price is $4,100. 

As for the exhaust, I totally agree. It's ugly and bulky, but I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks on getting a new one right now. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere. 

When It becomes a bit more practical, I'm definitely looking to get a bike. My favorite online magazine had a post recently about 6 pre 1980 bikes for less than 3k that are worth looking into. It had some pretty sweet ideas for anyone tossing the idea around, check it out.

http://www.primermagazine.com/2012/spend/six-beautiful-and-reliable-pre-1980s-motorcycles-for-under-3000

Personally, I love the sportster look of the Honda CB 750.

I started riding on a Honda Shadow 750 a few years ago... glad I started with a 750. It was more than enough power for me at the time, however I know I would've wanted to move up after a few years had I not sold it when I moved from Hawaii. 

Now that I'm in Florida (mind you I'm poor) I decided to get a less expensive bike, which is why I purchased a 2012 CBR 250. I didn't want a ton of power, I just wanted gas milage. In time I'll get my dream bike (Fatboy) but this is treating me pretty well right now. Perfect for riding around the city and going from point A to point B. 

563337_3678913088397_1631411443_n.jpg

i dont like crotch rockets but that cbr is very pretty. that exhaust bothers me for some reason though. 

the cbr 250 and ninja 250's are both awesome bikes. I'd hardly even consider them crotch rockets as they have more of an upright seating position.  Very fun to ride, and like you said, awesome gas mileage.

I realized I still owe a picture of my bike, but all I have right now is this taken the day I bought it.  I'll try and get some better/updated pics sometime this week

2012-03-13152631_zps086fa099.jpg

Call a dealership and they can tell you. Just ask for the parts department.

Edit: 

Front tire size 100/90 x 18 in Rear tire size 130/80 x 17 in

thanks dude.

i wish i knew more about good tires. is this one any good?

http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-me-z2-motorcycle-tire

the cbr 250 and ninja 250's are both awesome bikes. I'd hardly even consider them crotch rockets as they have more of an upright seating position.  Very fun to ride, and like you said, awesome gas mileage.

I realized I still owe a picture of my bike, but all I have right now is this taken the day I bought it.  I'll try and get some better/updated pics sometime this week

2012-03-13152631_zps086fa099.jpg

That Triumph look killer dude! I love the matte black! And I totally agree with you, the seating position is definitely upright. You certainly don't feel like you're riding a crotch rocket when you're on one of these bikes. They're quick, but not fast, and that's perfect for me. I just like riding around town right now. I hardly have the time and money for a proper road trip. 

• 1 year later...

Me:

1997 Honda Shadow VT1100C (spirit)

Memphis Shades shield, Kuryaken Dually ISO-Pegs, K&N filter, Cobra "Drag" pipes, Stage 3 jets, sealed battery.

The Mrs:

1993 Yamaha Virago XV535

Nation Cycle shield.

Looking to get both of us new grips this spring and replace her pegs.  I'm also thinking its about time to add some luggage...

• 6 months later...

Bumping this for some thoughts. Just moved to Austin a few weeks ago and I'm in a position where I can get a bike. Came across this guy on craigslist and I'm going to meet him tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts about the CX 500's in general? He said it has 22k on it. Anything I should specifically look for while checking it out?