Ebay: Against Me S/T 12"

dan

In case anyone still cares, I decided to take down the eBay listing.

I think the thing that kept weighing on my mind was that the dude from the label could have just sold copies of these on eBay and made himself two grand, but chose to sell it to people for ten bucks instead. That says something about his morals, and I think I should have been more respectful of that. Although I didn't buy the record with the intention of selling it, me getting a copy of this was something sort of special, and I shouldn't have let my eyes fill up with dollar signs. Selling this could wait for a time when I actually need money instead of just wanting it.

Thanks to the people that calmly and rationally explained their position of the argument and to those who considered my own.

This was way too big of a moral dilemma for a record, haha.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

And if Jordan hears about this, I doubt he'll be sending any more out, if he even has any more.

Funniest part is that none of this argument would've been brought up had the seller not posted this thread. I mean it's not like people who are interested wouldn't have found it on their own.

what i'm basically saying is.

why is it okay to flip other records but not this one? because there's an unadvertised source that MIGHT have a few left and MIGHT sell you one for $10 if you can find the contact information? What makes this different? That a lot of people on this board are happy in the butt for against me and have shared some time with the guy that put this out?

Not sure if you read my responses in the other threads about buying records for profit, but I have never said I support any sort of buying for profit.

And I'd say you've got some points (Out of respect. I honestly don't agree with any of what you said), but then you break out stupid terms like "happy in the butt" and "butt hurt". ::)

The closest to "flipping" I've come is selling a copy of Reinventing Axl Rose on eBay, which fetched a whopping $5.50. (I had paid $12.99+shipping thinking it was a different color)

I am doing what I want. It's not because other people called me a dick, but a few made a good point. I was already agonizing over this already (which is ridiculous since it's a record), but for now, I decided to keep it. I don't need the money anyway, and it's not like it's going to get less rare or anything

I own two copies of this. Payed 10 dollars each from jordan about two years ago. I also own 5 copies of deathbeds and tons of doubles and even triples of rare records. I do this mainly for bartering value. In my eyes if you are selling something from your collection just to get somethin else for your collection theirs nothing wrong. Don't have sour grapes just because you missed the boat on a good deal.

I own two copies of this. Payed 10 dollars each from jordan about two years ago. I also own 5 copies of deathbeds and tons of doubles and even triples of rare records. I do this mainly for bartering value. In my eyes if you are selling something from your collection just to get somethin else for your collection theirs nothing wrong. Don't have sour grapes just because you missed the boat on a good deal.

see you're missing the point entirely.

jordan does something cool and then kids cash in on him.

makes it alot less likely that he will do something akin to this in the future... see my point?

what i'm basically saying is.

why is it okay to flip other records but not this one? because there's an unadvertised source that MIGHT have a few left and MIGHT sell you one for $10 if you can find the contact information? What makes this different? That a lot of people on this board are happy in the butt for against me and have shared some time with the guy that put this out?

Not sure if you read my responses in the other threads about buying records for profit, but I have never said I support any sort of buying for profit.

And I'd say you've got some points (Out of respect. I honestly don't agree with any of what you said), but then you break out stupid terms like "happy in the butt" and "butt hurt". ::)

The closest to "flipping" I've come is selling a copy of Reinventing Axl Rose on eBay, which fetched a whopping $5.50. (I had paid $12.99+shipping thinking it was a different color)

I haven't, which is fine. Because the idea was that, generally speaking, why are the circumstances different than for any other record? Someone did something cool and people are spoiling it. Great. Communism was a great idea, too.

You shouldn't disregard the validity of my arguments because of the terminology I used while wicked burnt out.