The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest realtalk

My bad, definitely explaining it incorrectly.  My point was, and is, that buying 2 definitely does NOT give you the same or better chance than buying more than 2.

Which I guess is the opposite of what I was trying to reason out above.

Ah well.

You're not explaining it incorrectly, you just don't understand and that's ok.

Let's move on buddy.

One last time... HIGHLY PROBABLE that if you order 2 copies, 1 will be color.

I'm sure many people will be happy for this tip! :D

You're not explaining it incorrectly, you just don't understand and that's ok.

Let's move on buddy.

One last time... HIGHLY PROBABLE that if you order 2 copies, 1 will be color.

I'm sure many people will be happy for this tip! :D

why don't you use your real username? If it's a gender thing, and you really want to be known as a female on the boards, i promise we'll accept you just as you are.

Guest realtalk

hey realtalk - why do you need so much attention?

why don't you use your real username? If it's a gender thing, and you really want to be known as a female on the boards, i promise we'll accept you just as you are.

Why do you always go off topic (this one being Mondo records) to give me special attention? Why do you care?

Is it possible that two or more people live together and share the same IP address?

HIGHLY PROBABLE.

What does that mean?  You aren't using your real name.  Must people have universal names?

ben: realtalk is deathbydrums' troll account. S_Rambo posted their matching IPs the other day to call out realtalk for being an ass for having a troll account, but realtalk has refused to address it.

Anyway, let's not talk about this here because I like this thread and don't want it to be locked.

ben: realtalk is deathbydrums' troll account. S_Rambo posted their matching IPs the other day to call out realtalk for being an ass for having a troll account, but realtalk has refused to address it.

Anyway, let's not talk about this here because I like this thread and don't want it to be locked.

It won't be locked as this thread is fluid and continues to have new news and updates.

Guest realtalk

hey realtalk - why do you need so much attention?

Classic. When I have a point, ignore the point, make excuses, call names and deflect away from the solid point or tough question. Politicians do this all the time.

So again dreamover, Why are you giving me so much attention? Why do you care?

Also post here to keep this on topic and contain your shit:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/94208-official-hate-on-real-talk-thread/

I've actually gotta give realtalk a little bit of credit here recently, actually posting things that are relevant and not just 100% trolling.

if realtalk deserves credit here for posting unoriginal theories then just about everyone on the board deserves much more credit. but as long as someone isn't 100% trolling...

i just don't have respect for people who constantly talk shit but are so cowardly they have to use a secret username to hide behind.

#realtak

That doesn't make sense to me either.  I'm an admitted ass hat on here at times but it's always under this handle.  I really don't give a rat's ass about some online reputation I've gotta maintain or anything.  I speak my mind and that's just the way it's gonna be, like it or not.

Guest realtalk

i just don't have respect for people who constantly talk shit but are so cowardly they have to use a secret username to hide behind.

#realtak

You seem to think that I have more than 1 account and that if so that somehow makes me a coward? If I had one account you'd know me more intimately?

Nonsense.

You still are seeming to care a lot about me... why do you (and others) need to give me so much (unwanted) attention? I'm not asking for this.

I'm also regularly accused of trolling. Was I trolling here? No. Just trying to share that you are highly likely to get a variant if you order 2. When I try to back myself up or if I call people out on conjecture, misinformation or try to clarify, I'm often accused of trolling. I'm used to that.

Often the same people who I've had disagreements with in the past are the ones bring it up over and over again, while I have moved on.

Again, haters can please and thank you post in the Official Hate-on RealTalk thread.

Long post coming, maybe this will help some people understand.

Realtalk, the problem isn't trolling. The problem is that you are saying buying 2 copies and getting at least 1 variant is HIGHLY PROBABLE. The words HIGHLY PROBABLE are key here. They imply a chance of more than 75% minimum which is what's making people disagree with you, because it's not based on numbers, but simply "10 people I know did this, and it worked, so it must be true"

Let's consider 4 possible variant distribution ratios: 25%, 33%, 40% and 50%. My bet is on 33%, but I might be wrong, so let's do the math for all 4. Again, the chance of getting a variant when you open each copy you get is always the same. What changes is the likeliness of getting at least one variant the more copies you open.

If the distribution ratio is 25% , the chances of getting at least one variant when buying 2 copies are 43.75%. Buying 3 copies gives you  57.81250%.

If the distribution ratio is 33%, the chances of getting at least one variant when buying 2 copies are 55.11% . Buying 3 copies gives you  69.92370%.

If the distribution ratio is 40%, the chances of getting at least one variant when buying 2 copies are 64%. Buying 3 copies gives you 78.4%

If the distribution ratio is 50%, the chances of getting at least one variant when buying 2 copies are 75%. Buying 3 copies gives you 87.5%

So you can indeed say that, if the distribution ratio is 50%, the chances of getting at least one variant when buying 2 copies are HIGHLY LIKELY. Anything less than that and your wording of “HIGHLY PROBABLE” is wrong.

TLDR: Chances of getting at least one variant :

Variant ratio 25% :          2 copies = 44%                  3 copies = 58%
Variant ration 33%:        2 copies = 55%                  3 copies = 70%
Variant ratio 40% :          2 copies = 64%                  3 copies = 78%
Variant ratio 50% :          2 copies = 75%                  3 copies = 87%