FYE on Randolph and Wabash is having a going out of business sale. 30% off all music and up to 60% off other stuff. Still FYE prices so not amazing deals, but they had a few decent albums last time I looked...

Went and bought 2 EPs I didn't want to pay full price for (Down and Pantera). A few good deals there.

if you guys aren't do anything tonight, my buddies, secret colours are playing their record release show at the empty bottle tonight. free with rsvp: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3563634&camefrom=CFC_UK_BUYAT_97249

check out two of their tunes:

Glen Hansard at Millennium Park was pretty awesome last night. He played for at least 2.5 hours, then we left. All these show are free, every Monday night.

Next up:

AM Taxi & The Architects

Saturday 6/15

Beat Kitchen

I'm definitely going to the Olafur Arnalds Millenium Park show on July 18. Next weekend is Manchester Orchestra, Friday at Subt (sold out), and Saturday at Green Music Fest.

Anyone going to The Lonely Island Q&A at metro tomorrow? I assume it'll actually be more entertaining than a lonely island show. I heard a rumor that the guest moderator is Aziz Ansari but it could be anyone with the comedy fest happening this weekend. Tix are still available and there's free hot dogs if you're into that.

chicago+qa+small.png

Not from Chicago, specifically. I'm actually from Kenosha, WI, which is only about 90 minutes from Chicago. Consider yourselves lucky to have so many awesome record stores in your area, whether it be Reckless, Permanent, or even a Hot Topic or FYE. The only stores in my area are two used vinyl shops that charge ridiculous prices for beat up, almost useless records. Kinda sucks having to make the trek to Chicago or Milwaukee (which is a little closer) to go to some decent damn record stores!

Not from Chicago, specifically. I'm actually from Kenosha, WI, which is only about 90 minutes from Chicago. Consider yourselves lucky to have so many awesome record stores in your area, whether it be Reckless, Permanent, or even a Hot Topic or FYE. The only stores in my area are two used vinyl shops that charge ridiculous prices for beat up, almost useless records. Kinda sucks having to make the trek to Chicago or Milwaukee (which is a little closer) to go to some decent damn record stores!

Isn't there a new tiny space called my wicked way that has shows now. And like a brat place for nu-metals concerts.

Isn't there a new tiny space called my wicked way that has shows now. And like a brat place for nu-metals concerts.

My bands have played My Wicked Way several times. My hardcore band just had our last show there 1 week ago, today I think. That is in Racine though, the neighboring city. Brat Stop has bands like Sevendust and Hinder and shit all the time. Its only about 10 minutes from my house and I went to the McDonald's next door for some late night munch and I got to listen to Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" while I was eating my Big Mac in my car. Not a fan of that kind of music, but still pretty funny to me.

But yeah, venue and record store wise, Kenosha and its surrounding areas besides Milwaukee are dead. That is why my band is having our record release at a house in Milwaukee if anyone is up for going. ;)