Haven't gotten around to listening to their new stuff to know if I'm interested.

How about October 5th? Holy moley what. a. day.  Modern life is war and Toe (at two separate shows of course)

Their new album was very different and arguably not-as-good as their other albums but still worth I listen and I've heard great things about their live act. But yeah I will definitely be seeing MLIW!

Third Man Records has a mini shop inside the LollaShop at 332 S. Michigan all week leading up to Lolla. I'll probably check it out one day after work.

it's obviously too late now, but on friday, they added all the recent white blood cell white stripes 7"s on red vinyl for $10 each, jerry lee lewis B&B's for $30, rome double LP's for $65 and inverted bolts for $30

Their new album was very different and arguably not-as-good as their other albums but still worth I listen and I've heard great things about their live act. But yeah I will definitely be seeing MLIW!

What the fuck they are playing a show at knights of columbus that day too. This one will hurt to miss, but I have to move that weekend and I'm running a marathon the day after.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple extra downloads available for the recently defunct local band Wide Angles' LP, Smile More. Figured it would get more interest here than in the downloads thread. Kind of a No Ideaish, gruff vocals beard punk sort of vibe.

http://dirtcultrecords.bandcamp.com/yum

lluj-vlw7

rrfz-bfsr

Also, I'll be hitting up O'Brother and Native, September 5th at Bottom Lounge.

I've got a couple extra downloads available for the recently defunct local band Wide Angles' LP, Smile More. Figured it would get more interest here than in the downloads thread. Kind of a No Ideaish, gruff vocals beard punk sort of vibe.

http://dirtcultrecords.bandcamp.com/yum

lluj-vlw7

rrfz-bfsr

Also, I'll be hitting up O'Brother and Native, September 5th at Bottom Lounge.

Thanks I'll check them out.

Which brewery tours are the best? My gf and I will only have time to check out one or two while we are in Chicago for Riot Fest.

My girlfriend and I went on the Koval Distillery tour in north Ravenswood a month or two back...I don't drink, but she really liked their stuff if you're into liquor.

Thou, and a bunch of other loud-ass bands are playing at Albion House in Wednesday night. You should be there.

OHhhhhh if I didn't work midnights this week....

probably will be in attendance again this year!