My bands have played My Wicked Way several times. My hardcore band just had our last show there 1 week ago, today I think. That is in Racine though, the neighboring city. Brat Stop has bands like Sevendust and Hinder and shit all the time. Its only about 10 minutes from my house and I went to the McDonald's next door for some late night munch and I got to listen to Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" while I was eating my Big Mac in my car. Not a fan of that kind of music, but still pretty funny to me.

But yeah, venue and record store wise, Kenosha and its surrounding areas besides Milwaukee are dead. That is why my band is having our record release at a house in Milwaukee if anyone is up for going. ;)

Post the details.

My bands have played My Wicked Way several times. My hardcore band just had our last show there 1 week ago, today I think. That is in Racine though, the neighboring city. Brat Stop has bands like Sevendust and Hinder and shit all the time. Its only about 10 minutes from my house and I went to the McDonald's next door for some late night munch and I got to listen to Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" while I was eating my Big Mac in my car. Not a fan of that kind of music, but still pretty funny to me.

But yeah, venue and record store wise, Kenosha and its surrounding areas besides Milwaukee are dead. That is why my band is having our record release at a house in Milwaukee if anyone is up for going. ;)

Post the details.

Also start a Kenosha thread and don't post in it to symbolize the lack of fun stuff that Kenosha has. If you have some spare time living in that area, which you should.

Post the details.

https://www.facebook.com/events/468807023203853/

My band is Day Dreamer.

Also start a Kenosha thread and don't post in it to symbolize the lack of fun stuff that Kenosha has. If you have some spare time living in that area, which you should.

I have a small circle of record collecting friends within the area who are all apart of Vinyl Collective. The lack of culture in this area is kind of depressing, so that is why I decided to post here. I don't think a Kenosha thread would live very long.

Can we put together a comprehensive list of current Chicago bands that are worth checking out?! I'll start...

My label, Notes and Bolts, is also a podcast that runs new episodes every Wednesday and Friday featuring 100% Chicago bands. I have the Ooze on this coming Wednesday. Check out the show's archive at www.notesandbolts.net

i just accidentally bought tickets on stubhub for that piqniq festival. they were $20 for VIP box seats. seems too good to be true. i'm hoping i didn't just buy parking or something. i've always wanted to see yeah yeah yeahs, and i've always secretly wanted to see bush (sans-nickelback and seether).

My label, Notes and Bolts, is also a podcast that runs new episodes every Wednesday and Friday featuring 100% Chicago bands. I have the Ooze on this coming Wednesday. Check out the show's archive at www.notesandbolts.net

sick,  I just ordered the lathe cut from N + B awesome work you're doing

Braid dropped anyway. The dude that lives in Tenneessee had his studio broken into or something. Sucks. That's stirkie two and having Braid play at Swerp! It was still a beautiful show. They're doing Gnarfest again this year, lineup is pretty sweet. Lots and lots of locals. I was going to start putting up Chi bands that I know, but they're pretty much all on Gnarfest bill. Happy browsing!

https://www.facebook.com/events/379595492145833/?fref=ts

I'm not on facebook, but it seems the easiest way to figure out what bands are playing.