What is Your Top 5 Favorite Bands

How did you fall for them?

Here is mine-

Explosions in The Sky - my brother / one tree hill ....your hand in mine

Jimmy eat world - one tree hill season 2....hear you me

Caspian - explosions in the sky.... The four trees

Taking back Sunday - brand new's singer and brand new as a whole

The Appleseed cast - great band just found...

brand new - a girl i liked told me to listen to seventy times 7. then i forgot about them until my friends were listening to tommy gun one september 2003 afternoon.

built to spill - brand new covered car

the beatles - a co-worker played them occasionally, and i got into sgt peppers. this is getting redundant, but it really clicked when that video of jesse singing let it be popped up. let it be went on to be my favorite album until i realized the glory of the abbey road medley

kanye west - that time in 2004 that some unknown dude played a show in my town

led zeppelin - come onnnnn

hall & oates - come onnnnnnnn!!

kevin devine - saw him open for brand new in 04. and i've seen him about 15 times since.

minus the bear - random internet discovery

miniature tigers - opened for kevin devine, and it was instant love

modest mouse - that time that world at large played on the oc...

I'll just post all my faves and stuff cause Im bored.

1. Brand New - I remember when Deja came out and The Quiet Things and Sic Transit were on MTV2 and fuse regularly. I've been hooked ever since
  2. Coheed - First heard of them around the time that Blood Red Summer was a single, but didnt pay much attention to them again until Good Apolo came out. That video for The Suffering was so fucking cool to my 13 year old eyes
  3. Circa Survive - Had a bunch of friends who liked Saosin and after listening to their stuff, I realized I liked how they sounded with Anthony way better. I did a little research into what he was up to and viola
  4. Kevin Devine - Brand New. haha
  5. Modest Mouse - First saw the video for Ocean Breathes Salty on MTV and liked it a lot
  6. Taking Back Sunday - I'd heard of them briefly because of Brand New, but never game them a listen until I heard makedamnsure on Saints Row 2 (that game was the fucking shit)
  7. Built to Spill - Brand New covered Car
  8. Hole - I inherited my love for Hole and Nirvana from my cousin who would play them a lot when he lived with us in the 90's (RIP)
  9. The Postal Service - Ben Gibbard. nuff said
  10. MCR - not so great now, but they were really my "first love" as far as bands go. Been following them since Bullets and have probably seen them live more than any other band (which kinda feels weird now)

just five?

jeez.

smashing pumpkins

primitive radio gods

flaming lips

shudder to think

knapsack/jealous sound

i think thats about right.

it would be so much easier to make a top 10, or 20 even.

i suck at favortism.

pink floyd and cursive are pretty high up for me, too.

In all seriousness,

Built to Spill - looked them up after I heard their name. Perfect From Now on is my favorite album of all time.

Mogwai - A friend let me borrow Rock Action a long time ago.

Duster/Valium Aggelein - Up Records

Rodan - heard Rachel's, looked Jason Noble up and started listening to all of his projects.

Codeine - I have no idea. Heard of them then looked them up I think

The Halo Benders - Heard of them from being a fan of Doug Martsch. I love everything he has released. Calvin is cool too.

Slint -  The album cover always stuck with me.

Eluvium - Heard of him because he is on Temporary Residence.

Modest Mouse - Can't go a few feet living in the Portland area/northwest without hearing about them. I mostly like Sad Sappy Sucker/Interstate 8. The Dial-A-Song stuff on the second half of SSS is some of the most amazing music I have ever heard.