Kevin Devine LP7 & LP8 Kickstarter

Well.. that's crazy. He seemed like a really helpful/on-point guy. He was dishing out partial refunds left & right for people who missed the bundle option for the euro variants.

How is he disagreeing with screenshot of your payment? He could look that shit up on his account in under five minutes.

It doesn't seem like it's the Big Scary Monsters guy I'm talking to.  I emailed Awesome Distro who are apparently the ones sending these out.  Maybe I should try and email him directly

It doesn't seem like it's the Big Scary Monsters guy I'm talking to. I emailed Awesome Distro who are apparently the ones sending these out. Maybe I should try and email him directly

[email protected] if you didn't already have it. hope that gets things resolved for you.

Here's a message/picture of the purple glitter variant that Kevin Douch sent to a friend.

"Sorry for the delay, been waiting for my own copies to turn up so I can take photos. Photo of Bulldozer attached. Outer sleeve with spot UV gloss, printed inner sleeve with centre holes, double-sided insert and purple vinyl with silver glitter, limited to 100. We currently have 20 of this and Bubblegum left then they are gone for good"

xptv8l.jpg

I'm assuming that the UK bubblegum glitter variant will look exactly the same considering they accidently pressed both of them on purple vinyl. I'm liking the deep red look to it. I think it looks great as a whole. My body is definitely ready. 

Here's a message/picture of the purple glitter variant that Kevin Douch sent to a friend.

"Sorry for the delay, been waiting for my own copies to turn up so I can take photos. Photo of Bulldozer attached. Outer sleeve with spot UV gloss, printed inner sleeve with centre holes, double-sided insert and purple vinyl with silver glitter, limited to 100. We currently have 20 of this and Bubblegum left then they are gone for good"

xptv8l.jpg

I'm assuming that the UK bubblegum glitter variant will look exactly the same considering they accidently pressed both of them on purple vinyl. I'm liking the deep red look to it. I think it looks great as a whole. My body is definitely ready.

Looks great! Glad I got both albums from there

Hopefully dansar will be able to let us now soon. I've never spun a glitter record. 

I have a couple of parcels to collect today from the post office which i believe are these so i will let you know how the sound later.  

I do have a couple of glitter 7 inch's and i cant remember any problem with them.

Why? Backing a Kickstarter has never meant that you'd get your incentive earlier than anyone else. 

This is true and I agree. But I can understand Kickstarter backers being frustrated because they are the reason that these albums were funded/made and they feel that because of that they deserve to be the first ones with their hands on the product. And technically they were in terms of the digital album. Vinyl is obviously different and the Kickstarter records experienced delays as many records do, so the backers just need to be aware that there is much less control over when people get the physical version compared to the digital version. They just need to understand that and be okay with it. Patience young grasshoppers.

This is true and I agree. But I can understand Kickstarter backers being frustrated because they are the reason that these albums were funded/made and they feel that because of that they deserve to be the first ones with their hands on the product. And technically they were in terms of the digital album. Vinyl is obviously different and the Kickstarter records experienced delays as many records do, so the backers just need to be aware that there is much less control over when people get the physical version compared to the digital version. They just need to understand that and be okay with it. Patience young grasshoppers.

I totally agree with you too. Sure, it could be frustrating. I just look at it like this; We're getting exclusive variants and had an opportunity, if taken or not, to get an exclusive Bootleg LP. Other than just wanting to support KD in making these albums and touring them, you're getting those exclusive options. If it takes a little extra time to get to us due to manufacturing delays, so be it. Hell, the retail copies could've experienced manufacturing delays and the KS variants could've come out early. It's just not the way the cookie crumbled in this circumstance.