The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Picked up Cabin Fever: Patient Zero today.  Can't wait to check it out.  I'm one of the few people who loved the second one.  Cause well... Ti West.  Even though he didn't like how it came out either, lol.

How was it? Thinkn of redboxn it tonight. And yeah Ti West is great, but I could not got into the 2nd one. He mentioned the studio fucked with it & sadly that was evident.

How was it? Thinkn of redboxn it tonight. And yeah Ti West is great, but I could not got into the 2nd one. He mentioned the studio fucked with it & sadly that was evident.

Didn't watch it yet. Probably gonna wait till my girlfriend and I see each other next so we can watch it together. I'll let you know how it is though!

Picked up Cabin Fever: Patient Zero today.  Can't wait to check it out.  I'm one of the few people who loved the second one.  Cause well... Ti West.  Even though he didn't like how it came out either, lol.

Holy shit was Cabin Fever: Patient Zero awesome. Exceeded all expectations. The series completely redeemed itself after part 2.

Makes me really happy to hear this (even though I liked part 2). Hopefully I get a chance to watch it soon.

It's way more serious than the 1st & does a good job of building dread. Some of the gore effects are kick-ass, especially a fight scene that reminded me of Hellraiser II. The end was plausible & took me by surprise. Def gonna buy this one eventually.

Universal Halloween Horror Nights starts in a couple weeks and I cannot wait. I get early access on the first night because I'm an annual passholder, too.

Both of my roommates work at universal and I've heard from them that the houses this year unfortunately don't sound very impressive but I still kinda wanna go. A few of my friends and I were talking about how The Walking Dead is kinda getting reallllyyyyyy old there and that if they did a Siren: Blood Curse and/or Dead Space themed house it'd totally make up for a lot of the lackluster themes they've done lately.

Both of my roommates work at universal and I've heard from them that the houses this year unfortunately don't sound very impressive but I still kinda wanna go. A few of my friends and I were talking about how The Walking Dead is kinda getting reallllyyyyyy old there and that if they did a Siren: Blood Curse and/or Dead Space themed house it'd totally make up for a lot of the lackluster themes they've done lately.

Nothing can top last year's Cabin in the Woods and An American Werewolf in London houses. I was disappointed with the TWD one, but since they're including Terminus this time around, I'm a little more excited.

My friend Nick Holland (ex vocalist of And Hell Followed With & current vocalist of Traitor) made a horror flick last year and pre orders are up now and you'll have a digital copy sent via email soon:

http://diamonddeadmedia.bigcartel.com/product/hunger-unholy-feature-film-dvd-preorder

Trailer:

Nothing can top last year's Cabin in the Woods and An American Werewolf in London houses. I was disappointed with the TWD one, but since they're including Terminus this time around, I'm a little more excited.

Yeah, American Werewolf was actually super legit!

Went and saw As Above So Below today. I really liked it. Did it do anything "new?" No, not really. A lot of it reminded me of Grave Encounters actually. And I love Grave Encounters so I didn't have a problem at all.

I actually liked Grave Encounters a bunch, I thought the concept was pretty neat and the parody of Ghost Adventures they did for like, the first 20 minutes totally killed me. I honestly wanna see As Above So Below despite the lousy reviews.

On my way to work this morning I was thinking that we should have our own horror film fest during October. Like say if 29 of us or so each picked a horror title we could assign each a day and then if so inclined you can get home from work crack open a beverage of your choosing and enjoy the horror flick of the day and of course talk about it on here.  

(I say 29 because we all know 30 and 31 are reserved for re-watches of only the most holy of horror films). 

Interested Parties so far: 

Will From West Philly

Rain of Frogs

KeepDoubting

Possible Titles:

VC's Treehouse of Horror Film Festival I 

VC's Crack, Pop, Thunk, Splat Film Festival I

VC's Needle to the Eye Film Festival - 1/1 Blood Splatter Variant

VC Family's 29 days of Halloween brought to you by Crosley.

On my way to work this morning I was thinking that we should have our own horror film fest during October. Like say if 29 of us or so each picked a horror title we could assign each a day and then if so inclined you can get home from work crack open a beverage of your choosing and enjoy the horror flick of the day and of course talk about it on here.

(I say 29 because we all know 30 and 31 are reserved for re-watches of only the most holy of horror films).

Let's do it!

I'm in.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread