The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Both VHS movies owned. Can't wait for Viral.

Watched Honeymoon and Coherence recently. Honeymoon was a little too slow without much of a payoff. I like a slow burn but Honeymoon was just kind of boring. Coherence isnt really horror but there's some nice use of tension and a couple LOUD NOISE scares actually made me jump. It's a no budget cerebral scifi drama kind of along the lines of Primer and Triangle except no time travel. I'd say it's worth a watch even if it kinda falls apart in the last 10 minutes.

V/H/S is good but V/H/S 2 is better (mainly because "Safe Haven" is fucking awesome). and no pee-pee dismemberment.

Safe Haven was an excellent segment and easily the best of the series IMO.

Hoping to check out Tusk next week when I'm home from Mondo Con if it is still in theaters.

Hey all,

Here's who I have as in so far:

Will From West Philly Rain of Frogs KeepDoubting JonRawks RonnieGWilliams hallowken78

thispartysucks128

So Including me that's 8 so far. We will keep sign ups open till the end of the week and then I we can go from there. Once I get everything settled Ill give you guys a spreadsheet of everything. Should be a blast.

This sounds super fun and I'd love to get in on it!

I wish I had gone back to my old video rental places and bought the weird VHS tapes when the stores went under. So many B movies I can remember that haven't made it to DVD.

I was lucky enough to get some when I worked at a couple diff stores. Then I bought the rest on eBay. Crappy/awesome dtv horror flix & direct to hbo stuff. I try to relive my childhood every day.

I worked at Hollywood Video when they phased out tapes. I came in one day and my manager was like "Dude! You missed it! We smashed all the tapes out back!" and I was like "I would have taken literally all of them home you're an asshole."

You sound like you were the one cool person that worked there. There was always one genuine film lover at BB and HV, and the rest were just angry angry people who's favorite movie pick was like Cutthroat Island or something. 

You sound like you were the one cool person that worked there. There was always one genuine film lover at BB and HV, and the rest were just angry angry people who's favorite movie pick was like Cutthroat Island or something. 

Yup, I was definitely the film lover there. I would get calls on my day off like "What's the movie with that guy? This customer is looking for it."

Most of my coworkers were at least chill though, the manager was the only real dick. We were also all stoned the entire time. Best job ever.

I think this is really the only appropriate place to discuss this category of movie. But has anyone seen Slaughtered Vomit Dolls? How far did you make it through?

I haven't seen it but after reading about how the director got his gf to do the puking real life for his "films" (also ReGOREgitated Sacrifice & Slow Torture Puke Chamber), I wasn't about to give them a second of my time. So you dug it? :P

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread