The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Seriously? I just finished it, and as far as recent horror films go, I would give this as close to five stars as possible. This is the only flick in ten years that actually had me at the edge of my couch cushion. Seriously, it's an A film. Great film with great character development that really pulls at your emotions by the finale.

thats why I was disappointed with the ending. The tent scene was too good to not have a proper payout. You should spoiler tag your theory for the ending (and anyone that's seen this for that matter, maybe I missed something)

I've got like one or two more episodes left in season 3 of Tales from the Crypt. Id never seen the show before starting it last month. It's a lot of fun.

Just watched the episode with the lumberjacks. That ending was ridiculous and hilarious.

I've seen random episodes, but I always remember it as campy and fun.  The movies are both pretty terrible, but I have some really fond memories of watching them in high school.

I've been watching TFTC as i've never seen everyone. Just got to the ventriloquists dummy episode. Fully love that show now. 

I'm making an asshole casserole pal, and you're the main ingredient!

My favorite series for sure. Saw eps here & there growing up with HBO but finally watched it from start to finish about 7 years ago. The comedy, the horror, the campiness, the guest stars.... it's just fucking perfect.

I had seen the movies. Bordello of Blood sucked but Demon Knight owned. 99% of it owning is because of William Sadler and Billy Zane though.

Yeah Demon Knight was pretty great. Zane chews up his scenes, but in the best possible way. Sadler plays it totally straight & it works. Love that flick.

TCM Shop has a pricing error for the Halloween Blu-Ray set. Plus you can get an extra 10% off for signing up for their emails. Apparently this has happened before with other items and they honored the error prices.

http://shop.tcm.com/detail.php?p=695827&SESSID=33c125f13ae6368331ffb5384b1c074c

Edit - nevermind. Looks like they just fixed the price. Sorry!

This weekend I watched  Grave Encounters and The Abandoned just because I had them on my Directtv on demand. Never seen either before and someone on here had mentioned Grave Encounters so I crossed that off the list.  Both films had some good creepy factors, and I didn't feel disappointed by either so that's a good sign. 

This weekend I watched  Grave Encounters and The Abandoned just because I had them on my Directtv on demand. Never seen either before and someone on here had mentioned Grave Encounters so I crossed that off the list.  Both films had some good creepy factors, and I didn't feel disappointed by either so that's a good sign. 

Yeah The Abandoned was surprisingly good. Def enjoyed. Still need/want to see Grave Encounters

I hope you watched cabiny horror flicks :D

Only one unfortunately... We've seen all the other "big" cabin-horror movies.

Here's what we watched (horror-wise):

- Oculus

- Honeymoon

- Wetlands

- Lord Of Tears (about 20 minutes or so)

- Skinwalker Ranch

- Only Lovers Left Alive

- Holy Ghost People

Like I said, Oculus was awesome.  One of the rare occasions of a "mainstream" horror movie being good.

Honeymoon was our one "cabin-horror" movie.  Such a beautiful looking film and was really creepy at points too.  Plus it stars Rose Leslie (a.k.a. Ygritte from Game Of Thrones) and she was awesome.

Wetlands wasn't a horror movie per say, it was just really fucking gross.  Basically it's about a girl who has hemorrhoids and doesn't really care for hygiene in general.  There's more to it obviously but I don't wanna spoil it.  But yeah... one of the grosses movies I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to finish Lord Of Tears because I've heard a lot of good things about it, and to be honest, my girlfriend is the reason why we didn't finish it.  The acting was sub-par to say the least and it was late at night and she wasn't feeling it at all.  I was really into the story and I didn't mind the acting, but whatever.  I'll finish it some other time.

Skinwalker Ranch was great!  Basically, if you're into ghosts, werewolves, aliens, and other supernatural things, this is the movie for you.  Scare-wise it doesn't do anything new, but it was a fun mixture of a bunch of different genres.

I wanted to like Only Lovers Left Alive a lot more than I did.  It was a great looking film and that soundtrack was incredible.  But I really felt like it just drug on and was way longer than it needed to be.  I didn't hate it though.  I just wouldn't want to watch it again anytime soon.

Holy Ghost People was kinda just blah.  Seriously, if you've ever heard of this or were interested in seeing this, check out The Sacrament instead (if you haven't already.  If you have, then check it out again).  The Sacrament did everything so much better.

Hello Boils and Ghouls! *Crypt keeper laugh and welcome to the VC Spook Club!

29 Days of fright filled films are awaiting selection by our crack team. (If your name is below you are signed up, PM me 2 horror titles of your choice so we can add them to the calendar). 

Chino Jimmy stranaspank Will From West Philly Rain of Frogs KeepDoubting JonRawks RonnieGWilliams hallowken78 thispartysucks128 Noalarmplanet

There is 11 of us so we have enough for 22 days which leaves us 7 days. If you are interested in signing up PM me your title selections this week. Once I get the calendar created Ill add where the films are available for streaming or rental. 

I don't want to sign up but let me tell you, if Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness isn't watched, I put a hex on your households. Either of them would be awesome to see opinions on.

I can get behind this IF the majority of people haven't seen them already. I'm looking forward to seeing some new stuff!

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread