The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Hello Boils and Ghouls! *Crypt keeper laugh and welcome to the VC Spook Club!

29 Days of fright filled films are awaiting selection by our crack team. (If your name is below you are signed up, PM me 2 horror titles of your choice so we can add them to the calendar).

Chino Jimmy stranaspank Will From West Philly Rain of Frogs KeepDoubting JonRawks RonnieGWilliams hallowken78 thispartysucks128 Noalarmplanet

There is 11 of us so we have enough for 22 days which leaves us 7 days. If you are interested in signing up PM me your title selections this week. Once I get the calendar created Ill add where the films are available for streaming or rental.

Pm'd

The thread is too huge for me to lurk, but has anyone here seen The Poughkeepsie Tapes and if so do you know of anything similar or just as brutal? I like horror movies that fuck me up for a couple weeks after seeing them.

If you haven't seen it, it's free on YouTube. Mostly because nobody wants to publish it because of how gnarly it is.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007): http://youtu.be/SigJwcQhc_4

Edit: or maybe wait, if the crypt keeper (noalarmplanet) allows me to be apart of this marathon ;)

I remember seeing a trailer for that before some movie and everyone laughed when the title came up on the screen. This was up in Albany but my coworker confirmed that when he saw it the Poughkeepsie crowd laughed as well.

Kinda funny that they started a wide release advertising campaign and THEN decided to never release it.

Poughkeepsie Tapes is fantastic.  I saw it years ago on Myspace (yes, I said Myspace).  Really fucked up.  Surprisingly though, it WAS on demand recently but ended up getting pulled soon after because MGM is interested in doing a higher-profile release for it.  Not sure when, but we have that to look forward to!

The thread is too huge for me to lurk, but has anyone here seen The Poughkeepsie Tapes and if so do you know of anything similar or just as brutal? I like horror movies that fuck me up for a couple weeks after seeing them.

Without a doubt, watch Martyrs as soon as you possibly can.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is one of the only movies to ever really make me feel...dirty watching it. Got to be a little much for me to stomach at certain points, which I think is a testament to the fact that in my opinion, it nails what it's going for.

EDIT: Would it be lame if I put up Hatchet as one of my picks? Just don't want to risk ending up listing something that most of us have already seen if at all possible.

EDIT: Would it be lame if I put up Hatchet as one of my picks? Just don't want to risk ending up listing something that most of us have already seen if at all possible.

I for one have seen/own all 3 of the Hatchet movies.  I'd totally watch the first one again though.  It's been a while.

Didn't end up giving Hatchet as one of my suggestions but I love the entire trilogy to pieces and if any of you fellas haven't given them a watch I can't recommend at LEAST giving the original a go enough. Hands down one of the most fun throwback style slashers in recent memory.

If you haven't seen it, it's free on YouTube. Mostly because nobody wants to publish it because of how gnarly it is.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007): http://youtu.be/SigJwcQhc_4

Edit: or maybe wait, if the crypt keeper (noalarmplanet) allows me to be apart of this marathon ;)

tumblr_n1bbedDFNZ1sexnlfo1_r4_400.gif

Hello Boils and Ghouls! *Crypt keeper laugh and welcome to the VC Spook Club!

29 Days of fright filled films are awaiting selection by our crack team. (If your name is below you are signed up, PM me 2 horror titles of your choice so we can add them to the calendar). 

Chino Jimmy stranaspank Will From West Philly Rain of Frogs KeepDoubting JonRawks RonnieGWilliams hallowken78 thispartysucks128 Noalarmplanet

There is 11 of us so we have enough for 22 days which leaves us 7 days. If you are interested in signing up PM me your title selections this week. Once I get the calendar created Ill add where the films are available for streaming or rental. 

PMd

Thanks for the suggestions and I've added you Shitty Rambo

Here's the people I need PM's from: 

thispartysucks128

hallowken78

JonRawks

Rain of Frogs

stranaspank

Chino

Don't worry you've got all week, just a heads up.

So I might totally change my Username to the cryptkeeper once october starts haha.

This might get y'all in the mood.

^ Speaking of that. I got my Halloween 15-disc blu-ray box set in yesterday! It's beautiful. Probably gonna watch it all throughout October.

How are the discs held in? Really hoping not sleeve style but rather the discs can be popped in on a hub. Blu-ray discs are tougher but I hate sliding disc in n out of sleeves.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes are on YouTube?!?!?! Fuck yeah! I'm gonna try to watch it tonight.  Watched the 1993 movie Body Snatchers last night. I had to laugh because because the graphics were so bad at the end, but gotta love that sci-fi/horror/thriller action they had going on. 

Also yes, Martyrs is a fantastic movie. I own it, so I need to re-watch it soon. I'm going to try and keep up with the October horror movie fest, but I will probably have to get Netflix. I'll wait and see what's on the calendar. 

The Poughkeepsie Tapes are on YouTube?!?!?! Fuck yeah! I'm gonna try to watch it tonight.  Watched the 1993 movie Body Snatchers last night. I had to laugh because because the graphics were so bad at the end, but gotta love that sci-fi/horror/thriller action they had going on. 

Also yes, Martyrs is a fantastic movie. I own it, so I need to re-watch it soon. I'm going to try and keep up with the October horror movie fest, but I will probably have to get Netflix. I'll wait and see what's on the calendar. 

I am a fan of the '93 Body Snatchers. It's well-paced, creepy, and has a nice sense of dread.

My wife and I went and saw Tusk last night. It's interesting to say the least, it's not necessarily scary but it's pretty damn off-putting. There's also a ton of podcast listener fan service that was cleverly placed throughout the movie.

My friend and I were laughing so hard during the entire film. It's fucked up in a great way. Not really a horror per se, but I loved it. 

My friend and I were laughing so hard during the entire film. It's fucked up in a great way. Not really a horror per se, but I loved it.

I was dumbfounded by the "fight scene". I didn't know how to react to what I seeing haha. It's going to be a great movie to own for the bonus commentary.

Went and saw Tusk tonight with my girlfriend, cousin, and thispartysucks128. Such a weird/crazy/ridiculous/fucked up movie. I couldn't tell you how many times I didn't know if I should laugh or not at some of the stuff. Either way I loved it. Michael Parks is amazing in everything he does.

Full Walrus 4 lyfe.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread