The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Or Rare Exports!

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. I totally forgot about that flick. Still have to see it :(

I downloaded everything and was watching in order, having never seen the show outside of the movies before.

But now my laptop is fried and I was only a little bit into season 4 :(

Season 5 is consistently the best season. I mean Steve Buscemi & Roger Daltrey in the same episode.... fucking ace.

Hat box ghost is shaded but not colored. I'm only posting the link since everyone may not want to look at my thigh above my knee. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/elw5d4gr8qrx31k/2014-10-16%2020.14.31.jpg?dl=0

For those that don't know the hat box ghost is the only ghost removed from the Haunted Mansion. Legend grew that it was because it was too scary but it was really just because the effect never worked right. He may be the main character in Guillermo Del Toro's Haunted Mansion reboot.

So they "attempted" to fix it, couldn't, and now they did by only spending two weeks on it? So they never attempted it? That is what I am picking up from that message.

what a joke, if they would have just fixed it to begin with they could have saved a lot of time, money, and face.

So what some people are speculating is that this is an inherent ADR with the movie that was more noticeable with the new blu ray transfer or there were initial issues mixing it into 5.1 on this disc. These people are arguing that this problem has always existed with newer transfers of H4 and that's also why it only occurs in certain scenes and the whole half of the film doesn't appear to be out of sync, it's just some of the dialogue that was originally overdubbed. I personally believe they just went in and manually tried to sync the dialogue a little better than it was in those scenes for the replacement discs, but the dialogue was overdubbed to begin with, so honestly it will never look/sound perfect (even noticeable on older DVD disc I have which is 2 channel stereo). Just my 2 cents

/nerd

This is really cool!  Apparently Bloody Disgusting interviewed Andy Hull (from Manchester Orchestra) and he talks about his favorite horror films.

Granted he doesn't say much, and there are also some spoilers here and there, but still pretty cool!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/exclusives/3317897/top-10-horror-movies-manchester-orchestras-andy-hull/

Wasn't it a super fun show? I liked it more than the strain. 

Yeah I'm pretty excited for season 2 (of PD). The Strain: I want to like it more than I do. Doesn't feel like it's living up to its potential. How many times can we see a giant tongue attack someone. I'm gonna stick with it but really expected more from del Toro.

Yeah I'm pretty excited for season 2 (of PD). The Strain: I want to like it more than I do. Doesn't feel like it's living up to its potential. How many times can we see a giant tongue attack someone. I'm gonna stick with it but really expected more from del Toro.

So did I. The vampires do look cool as shit but man that main character is so one dimensional.  

Thanks to Lauryn for the Penny Dreadful reco.... enjoyed it very much.

Glad you enjoyed it! It was a very well done show, but you have to expect that from Showtime and Eva Green. Love that lady!

Wasn't it a super fun show? I liked it more than the strain. 

Yes, but it's difficult to compare a show like Penny Dreadful to a show like The Strain simply because of the type of shows they are and the networks they are on. I definitely have mixed feelings about the first season of The Strain and can see why people aren't enjoying it that much. There is a lot of corny drama and humor thrown in there as well as some terrible acting so it's sometimes hard to enjoy, but the overall story line is solid. I do wish it was darker and more horrifying than this type of corny family friendly show with horror elements, but I honestly think that is what they were going for. Too big of a fan of the books and Del Toro to give up on this series. There is still a lot to come and I hope they vamp it up for next season. lol

So...has anyone watched V/H/S: Viral yet? I see it's available on demand. I plan on watching it tomorrow but thought I'd ask of anyone has and what were their thoughts on it. Pretty excited.

I will let you know in like 4 hours. My gf is making me wait for her to get home from work and it's killing me.

So...has anyone watched V/H/S: Viral yet? I see it's available on demand. I plan on watching it tomorrow but thought I'd ask of anyone has and what were their thoughts on it. Pretty excited.

Gonna check it out as soon as possible.  I'm sad that this is the last one that they're doing.  V/H/S and ABC's of Death should seriously be a yearly thing for the forseable future.

forgot that we've been waiting forever for the green inferno

Yeah I've given up any hope of it coming out this year, hopefully in 2015 though. I did watch cannibal holocaust though, holy shit that

turtle scene though

. Super brutal. Everything else was pretty meh.

V/H/S Viral was okay, better than I expected it to be though. My least favorite segment in it by far (and of the whole series) was

the Dante the Great one. I absolutely hate that they completely abandoned the found footage approach of the whole series and added a soundtrack, and on top of that the whole premise was just stupid and completely unoriginal.

. The other three segments I really enjoyed though,

the zombie skater one was my favorite, I loved the comedic element of it, and elicited the best "Hell yeah!" reactions from me which is what I enjoy most about the series.

. I'd be lying if I said I actually understood the vicious cycles segment (the main one), seems like

they just didn't know how to end it when they were writing it and just threw a bunch of ideas in the mix and wrote every one in the screenplay.

I'll still pick the blu ray up when it comes out, it's worth a second viewing down the road to me. Recommended if you have an hour and a half to waste and enjoyed the other two.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread