Coachella 2013 Lineup

JessRD

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were clearly a last minute replacement. 

The lineup is definitely solid. 

Definitely looking forward to seeing Japandroids, FOALS, The Postal Service, Grimes, Gaslight Anthem and Band of Horses this year!

yeah, they were. Rolling Stones were supposed to close out both weekends buuuuuut they wanted more $$$ and it just couldn't be done.

Each and every single Coachella lineup, especially this 2013 one, makes me realize and accept how much I fuckin' hate people and everyone who calls themselves fans of music and bands.

I mean. Come the fuckin' on!!! Not knowing who The Stone Roses or Blur are?!?!? FUCK YOU!!! These are bands from the last 20 fuckin' years. Not some forgotten band from the 60's and 70's and shit. FUCK YOU!!!

99% of the people attending Coachella probably go just to say they fuckin' attended Coachella and saw (insert band that will give them street/hipster/scenester cred here) and not even pay attention half their set because their too fuckin' busy chatting with their smug jackass hipster friends and/or playing on their goddamn iPhone to actually enjoy the damn band playing. Why?!?! Because they're pieces of shit hipster wannabes. They don't love the music and the bands. They just want the so-called bagde of honor of having been there when whatever band played and be in awe of their hipster friends. Fuck 'em all to hell!!!

/Old man rant.

And fuck you too!!!

yeah, they were. Rolling Stones were supposed to close out both weekends buuuuuut they wanted more $$$ and it just couldn't be done.

They are scraping the barrel with red hot chili peppers. id rather see brooke hogan perform exploited covers than rhcp. Seriously, they couldnt find another act?</p>

How would you want them to make it up? Like them or not RHCP have already been festival headliners before. And Phoenix is pretty much tied for biggest band (with Vampy Weeks) among surface indie bros that populate festivals, especially this one.

Although I do understand what you're saying. This fest is especially lacking a HUGE rap name like Kanye or that Snoop/Dre all-star line-up last year.

How would you want them to make it up? Like them or not RHCP have already been festival headliners before. And Phoenix is pretty much tied for biggest band (with Vampy Weeks) among surface indie bros that populate festivals, especially this one.

Although I do understand what you're saying. This fest is especially lacking a HUGE rap name like Kanye or that Snoop/Dre all-star line-up last year.

I know theyre major stars and wouldnt be removed from the position they got, that would just be a dick move. but yeah i was mostly expecting a major rap/rnb announcement. I know outkast wasnt coming back together.Watch the throne couldve been an option considering that its still a big thing and that the kanye show 2 years ago has been such a big success. Seriously wouldve prefered Justin Timberlake. same kind of stadium act just more of a party. R kelly too, celebrating the 10 years of chocolate factory and being out of trouble.

I know theyre major stars and wouldnt be removed from the position they got, that would just be a dick move. but yeah i was mostly expecting a major rap/rnb announcement. I know outkast wasnt coming back together.Watch the throne couldve been an option considering that its still a big thing and that the kanye show 2 years ago has been such a big success. Seriously wouldve prefered Justin Timberlake. same kind of stadium act just more of a party. R kelly too, celebrating the 10 years of chocolate factory and being out of trouble.

Wu-Tang > Kanye

plus ODB hologram, this year it is promised to be slightly cooler than the laser 3D show Seaworld has at night.

When I was in high school I sat behind a stoner kid who's t-shirts fascinated me. Being an uptight born again my musical boundaries hadn't yet spread beyond pop punk. I would use my lunch money to buy cd's and records and hid them in an old hollowed out computer tower I had in my room.

I discovered Neutral Milk, My bloody valentine, Stone Roses, smashing pumpkins, modest mouse, death cab and many others in this way.

• 2 months later...