my dog bit me this morning...

sounds like you took him to the vet, which good and hopefully the reason he snapped was a pain response and not an aggression thing. As far as being aggressive/protective around other people, have you tried having people over just to sit there and ignore him? I've had classmates with aggressive foster dogs, and people just go over there to sit and study. 

sounds like you took him to the vet, which good and hopefully the reason he snapped was a pain response and not an aggression thing. As far as being aggressive/protective around other people, have you tried having people over just to sit there and ignore him? I've had classmates with aggressive foster dogs, and people just go over there to sit and study. 

i called the vet actually, they said its nothing to worry about jsut yet, just put him in a cone and wait a few days. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, it'll work out with time and the right training... ok now.

That picture is fucking hilarious. Someone meme the shit out that. Awesome dog man!

bahaha thanks. when he's not laying that close his face is right in yours and just stares at you. 

My dog stays by my side as well, but he won't look me in the eye, its like a respect thing. I always see his eyes wondering towards mine then he puts his head down, like a I beat him or something. Its cute, but I'm like damn dude you can look at me!

Haha, exactly! I do the same thing

Just glad I caught it early. He constantly licks his paws I have no clue how to get him to stop without using a cone

its probably allergies, does he run in the grass often? Try benadryl, that's what i use on my dog when she gets hot spots.

She licks her paws consistently as well but not to the point of hot spots, apparently its just a trait of her breed (shiba inu).

You guys have any ideas about how to safely introduce a new dog to my cat? It's an American Bulldog. If I'm holding the cat, she's pretty normal. Doesn't go nuts trying to get her. But the one time the cat ran away from her, I think her chase instinct kicked in. 

I just don't know how to do it safely. If that dog got the cat, she could probably kill it before I could even react.

its probably allergies, does he run in the grass often? Try benadryl, that's what i use on my dog when she gets hot spots.

She licks her paws consistently as well but not to the point of hot spots, apparently its just a trait of her breed (shiba inu).

i can do that? and yes we walk in the grass often. i called the vet and the woman was saying that it could be his food, which i get but his itching was never this bad. after reading im going to try grain free food and see how it goes. 

i can do that? and yes we walk in the grass often. i called the vet and the woman was saying that it could be his food, which i get but his itching was never this bad. after reading im going to try grain free food and see how it goes. 

could be either one, it's pretty much trial and error until you find something that will help. You can give benadryl though, just ask  your vet for how much to give. 

Pets are amazing creatures. Unbiased, loyal and the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Dogs, I believe, sense the true character of a persons soul and character. My dog was pretty chill. We had a neighbor that wandered up one day while we were outside and her hair raised up on her back and she went nuts. Never let him near me or the wife. He tried for a few days but the same results. That next week he was on the news for being a sex offender. Blew my mind. Weeks later my sister was watching her while we were out of town and a man approached her house. Someone she hadn't seen before. He walked in and she bit him on the hand. She was locked up and eventually put down. He was drunk and 'forgot' which house was his. We had to pay him for the time he would miss from work. Which was one day. And it didn't even draw blood. She was a rescue and it took awhile for her to trust me. But she never left my side. I'm glad you didn't give up.

yeah i give my dog about half a benadryl when needed (shes only 15lbs) if its diet does your dogs food have any chicken or beef, those tend to be the main culprits. I have my dog on Natural Balance Potato and Duck from Petco cause she developed some food allergies, no problems since then (its been a few years)

heres some good guidelines for benadryl boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84610-my-dog-bit-me-this-morning/page-3

If that dog got the cat, she could probably kill it before I could even react.

Is the cat old/overweight?  Not to make the situation seem minimal, but I don't think a bulldog could catch a cat.  And I say this as someone who's lived with 3 dogs (one of which is a bulldog) and 2 cats for years.  In my experience the cats will always get away by darting under a bed or in a closet or something.  But of course you should try to work it out so they can live harmoniously, just sayin' you might not have anything to worry about. :)

American Bulldog. She looks something like this. Very athletic, fast dog. I just get the overall feeling she is a hunter.

Cat's younger and in normal condition. Declawed.

Yeah, when they met earlier the cat ducked under my bed and was safe. I just don't know if long term betting on the cat always getting away is a good option. I'm not even sure I'm going to keep the dog or not (fostering. she's the mom). Just thinking about it. I don't really want to send a bulldog back to the city of Detroit. Someone might use it as an outside guard-dog type animal.

american-bulldog158.jpg

American Bulldog. She looks something like this. Very athletic, fast dog. I just get the overall feeling she is a hunter.

Cat's younger and in normal condition. Declawed.

Yeah, when they met earlier the cat ducked under my bed and was safe. I just don't know if long term betting on the cat always getting away is a good option. I'm not even sure I'm going to keep the dog or not (fostering. she's the mom). Just thinking about it. I don't really want to send a bulldog back to the city of Detroit. Someone might use it as an outside guard-dog type animal.

i Hate when people do this, so i think it's awesome that you're doing whatever you can to help her. best of luck to you!