Official The Simpsons: Tapped Out Thread

It was LOL, right? I bought up some more empty plots of land to make future graffiti-ing easier for all.

I admit it was a terrible attempt but it was supposed to be a Ric Flair "WOOO!"

So I noticed today that the people that I lost snakes into the past two days are different today. Keeping us on our toes. 

Why?

Why not? Keeps people playing I suppose...

These are listed afterwards in the game files: (odds below)

11. Whack Box (13,500 snakes)

12. Whack Box (14,500 snakes)

13. Whack Box (15,500 snakes)

14. Whack Box (16,500 snakes)

15. Whack Box (17,500 snakes)

16. Whack Box (18,500 snakes)

17. Whack Box (19,500 snakes)

18. Whack Box (20,500 snakes)

19. Whack Box (21,500 snakes)

20. Whack Box (22,500 snakes)

Whack Box Odds:

$750: 35%

$1000: 30%

1 Donut: 20%

2 Donuts: 10%

3 Donuts: 5 %

I wasn't asking "why have more prizes". I was asking "what leads you to believe there are more prizes". Not sure what you mean by "game files" (going into the source code?) but I'll trust your answer. That actually makes sense that after these things are done they start giving out donuts. I was kinda expecting one in every snakes I wacked would turn into a donut (or something like that) but that explains why they haven't.

I just grabbed it from the following FAQ page:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page

There is supposedly a 1% chance that you get a donut in an egg, but I have yet to receive one...

That's where I get info too, as far as the donuts, it says that they might only be in the eggs from the egg basket you buy and send to friends.

Looks like some sort of update, as I just tried to check for snakes and it auto-updated on the title screen...probably took away the Swankyfish or whatever.

I think they are messing up with the pricing of premium items. I mean, it would cost me what, about $15 to buy the Duff Brewery? People actually pay that?

But they might be able to nickel and dime me (for once, I actually mean that literally) up to spending $10 to $20 on my Springfield. But as is, I have zero plans to spend any money on this.

a little late to the party but i just got the game, ianrees is my username.

Added you. I love not having to search for snakes on a visit! Whole town pretty much fits on one screen.

I'm wondering if it is even worth visiting some of these level 27 towns. I've been pretty dedicated to chasing snakes but it's not worth 5 minutes of searching for that last friggin snake I can't find.

Yeah, it takes forever to find snakes in some towns...I usually just move on to the next town if I find 3 or 4 and have trouble on the last 1 or 2.

Added you. I love not having to search for snakes on a visit! Whole town pretty much fits on one screen.

I'm wondering if it is even worth visiting some of these level 27 towns. I've been pretty dedicated to chasing snakes but it's not worth 5 minutes of searching for that last friggin snake I can't find.

I desperately need to expand my town, but I'm holding off through this update to make it a bit easier on my neighbors. My town is rather large, though none of my roads are covered, so spotting should be rather easy.

Anyway, the update today has caused my app to crash on start-up no matter what I try (restarts, uninstalls, restores), so I'm currently SOL. Boo-urns.

Yeah we are but it isn't yours. It's a level 27 town and had a bunch of blue houses in rows

That's probably me, I'm looking to upgrade all those to white houses eventually, more profit. I couldn't think of a better way to make money as fast as possible, as I'm not the type to spend "real" money on this kind of phone game stuff.

I actually don't understand how some people have been able to buy all the stuff they have with as little amount of houses and buildings they have. Where is their source of income coming from? Of course I've only been playing for like a month.

Also, I don't know how some people could already have over 1500 snakes. I'm at like 850 and I play pretty frequently. 

That's probably me, I'm looking to upgrade all those to white houses eventually, more profit. I couldn't think of a better way to make money as fast as possible, as I'm not the type to spend "real" money on this kind of phone game stuff.

I actually don't understand how some people have been able to buy all the stuff they have with as little amount of houses and buildings they have. Where is their source of income coming from? Of course I've only been playing for like a month.

Also, I don't know how some people could already have over 1500 snakes. I'm at like 850 and I play pretty frequently. 

There was a cheat that you could get unlimited donuts with. You could then do things like use the donuts to speed up the production of corn. I wasn't able to take advantage of it because I jumped on too late.