What's your latest purchase?

Loving the Pioneer it has a superb phono stage in there, very nice and now I'm very jealous.

All the ones I have seen over here don't have the wooden end cheeks and that really finishes it off.

Yeah, the Pioneer is a beauty and sounds incredible.  I plan on keeping it for a long time.  I am dropping it off for service today and can't wait to get it back.  It was a wreck when I got it, but I have cleaned it up and done as much as I can with it. Time to hand it off to an expert. :D

Nice looking kit, had it running long enough to get an idea of the sound yet?

I love self built hifi be it a kit or something you designed yourself or copied from somewhere else, you can't beat the first time it makes the noise it's supposed to.

I got a few hours on it yesterday, and so far so good. My old amp was on it's last leg, so this thing honestly sounds like heaven already, and the fact that it will get better with time is awesome.

Eventually I want my whole system to be DIY. I don't have the know-how to design my own amp, which is why I went with a kit, but I do plan on designing and building my own table from scratch (except the tonearm).  I'll probably go kit on speakers too unless I spend some time learning crossover design.

I know this is the wrong section to ask, but since you posted this and it's on the topic of Bottlehead I thought I would ask. I was looking at their Reduction pre-amp awhile back. I know next to nothing about audio, but I've heard nothing but good things about tube equipment. The type of sound I've been told it can create is very appealing to me. Also kits such as this have always interested me but I've never done it, but think I would enjoy having a little project like this. With that being said, and keeping in mind I have little audio knowledge or what pairs well with what and what is compatible, would pairing something like the Reduction with a Yamaha As-500, Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's and a Debut Carbon be worthwhile? Or is the Reduction compatible with the As-500 at all? At any rate, I'm just interested in tube audio and kits. Like I said, I apologize for posting here but it seems like it would be okay since Bottlehead is brought up. I'd be happy to continue the discussion through PM if doing it here ruffles any feathers. Regardless, great job on your build. It looks awesome and I hope you enjoy!

What i've owned and heard I like very much, the circuit to one of their older phono stages is widely available and I had a spare Chinese one floating about that was pretty poor, the case and power supply section were quite nice so the rest got sacrificed and rebuilt using the ARC circuit.

There are clones of their designs about but how good they are or how close to the original circuit I wouldn't like to say.

I'm hoping it cures my amp buying illness because I'd like to start my phono preamp buying illness.

Hifi Obsessive purchase rule 15 paragraph 2 states:

You are only free to migrate to a new buying affliction once at least 10 similar items in the grouping of your previous affliction have been purchased.

As long as you keep to that it's all perfectly normal, at least that's what I tell the wife.

What's that turntable? I love how the chrome all matches up with your setup. Looks great.

Thanks!  The setup came together pretty well aesthetically and sonically.  The turntable is a Scheu Premier III with a Schroeder tonearm and a Jan Allaerts cartridge.  Basically has an 80mm acrylic platter on top of which I am using a Harmonix Tu-800exi platter mat.  The base plinth s filled with lead shot pellets.

Here is another pic of the turntable alone:

12829110154_cb139270c8_b.jpg

Here is the second turntable that is also hooked into the system as well.  It's a VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod with the VPI Rim Drive, cartridge is a Dynavector XV-1S:

12630382364_4698ee745b_b.jpg