What's your latest purchase?

I picked up a B&O separates system in a deal with some other stuff to make up what they guy owed me and it's the usual crap. Most of it doesn't work in one way or another and what does is not great.

I really should listen to my own advice sometimes and avoid it but it does look pretty.

I've always considered B&O stuff to be form over function.  The vintage stuff I heard seemed low-fi to me, and even the current expensive stuff they make didn't impress me when I heard it.

I've always considered B&O stuff to be form over function.  The vintage stuff I heard seemed low-fi to me, and even the current expensive stuff they make didn't impress me when I heard it.

That pretty much sums it up, Scandinavian Bose and the vintage stuff was expensive at the time as well, problem is people are falling for the hype all over again so it's now starting to be worth money.

This lot I was assured had a new cartridge in the turntable, was just a bit scruffy, I took it as part ex for some money owed to me in a deal and I have a friend who has asked me for some so I thought I would get it for him.

The turntable has no output (cartridge dead), the tape doesn't work (usual belt problems), the passive bass radiators in the speakers have disintegrated so there are big bits of metal floating about in there and the receiver works but isn't exactly what you would call high fidelity. Typical B&O really so back it will go and hopefully into recycling rather than onto someone who thinks they are getting something good.

Picked up a Kenwood KR-4070:

2014-02-16%2015.30.22.jpg

A Sansui Eight receiver:

2014-02-12%2020.45.10.jpg

And a Pioneer SA-9800 integrated amp:

2014-02-19%2020.33.22.jpg

They all needed a little bit of work, some more than I can handle.  I am still in the learning phases of electronics and vintage audio repair.  The Pioneer will be my main amp once it's repaired (needs recapping and some power supply board work).