What's your latest purchase?

Just connected my Pro-Ject Carbon Debut tt that I got a few months ago to the Marantz PM5004 that I just got in the mail yesterday. It replaced a vintage Harman Kardon receiver that I got for $35 off craigslist and that basically sounded like playing music through a dead rabbit carcass. This is the best equipment I've ever owned and I'm really excited! It sounds leaps and bounds better than my old setup! Really looking forward to receiving my speedbox s next Monday!

Currently listening to Ratatat "Classics"

Being an analog audio lover, I actually bought a new DAC.  It is one of the most analog sounding digital I have come across!

Chord QBD76 HDSD

QBD76.jpg

Have you heard a stack of MSB Technologies digital equipment? It has been, hands down, the most staggering display of digital information ever presented before me. It can get to be about $40-50k, but if it changes the game in digital audio...

I'm a vinyl noob here and just piecing together my system, but I picked up my first pre amp today. Got the cambridge audio azur 551, pretty excited to hear the upgrade this provides. Recently upgraded the headshell and cartridge on my gemini table, it's nothing good but it's a start.

Nice bro, congrats!!

Bought a fully functioning Fisher MT-32 turntable for $5 at a yard sale yesterday. I had some crazy idea it might actually sound better than my AT-LP-120. I found out That really was an insane notion later that day.

But it did have a really nice, thick, rubber slipmat I had been searching for without any luck. So I replaced the felt one on my LP120 with the rubber one and gave my nephew a great starter turntable he's been wanting. Win win.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a fully functioning Fisher MT-32 turntable for $5 at a yard sale yesterday. I had some crazy idea it might actually sound better than my AT-LP-120. I found out That really was an insane notion later that day.

But it did have a really nice, thick, rubber slipmat I had been searching for without any luck. So I replaced the felt one on my LP120 with the rubber one and gave my nephew a great starter turntable he's been wanting. Win win.

Fisher stuff from 1970 onwards was almost all crap, not even hi-fi.  The older stuff though, before Avery Fisher sold the company, is highly sought after.  In particular the old late 60s tube amps from fisher compete with the McIntosh stuff from the same era.

Fisher stuff from 1970 onwards was almost all crap, not even hi-fi.  The older stuff though, before Avery Fisher sold the company, is highly sought after.  In particular the old late 60s tube amps from fisher compete with the McIntosh stuff from the same era.

Thanks for the tip. I'm usually the guy at the local Salvation Army almost everyday looking to find decent, vintage electronics haha. What's killing me is the times they do have turntables, its usually like the fisher I bought. But about a month before the fisher purchase, there was a technics, and a pioneer that looked an awful lot like the one you have a picture of on here sitting on their shelf. Really gorgeous, wood encased, but very dusty, pioneer record player for $15. The technics was $10. I was going to buy both. At that price I figured I had nothing to lose.

Of course I forgot my wallet. 20 mins later when I returned they were gone. I was crushed.

Thanks for the tip. I'm usually the guy at the local Salvation Army almost everyday looking to find decent, vintage electronics haha. What's killing me is the times they do have turntables, its usually like the fisher I bought. But about a month before the fisher purchase, there was a technics, and a pioneer that looked an awful lot like the one you have a picture of on here sitting on their shelf. Really gorgeous, wood encased, but very dusty, pioneer record player for $15. The technics was $10. I was going to buy both. At that price I figured I had nothing to lose.

Of course I forgot my wallet. 20 mins later when I returned they were gone. I was crushed.

Two words dude:  Estate Sales

Picked up a Marantz 2250 today from Craigslist. Demo'd and had to have it. This thing is amazing, got all the service paperwork with it. Completely recapped, cleaned, re-aligned fm, etc. It's already given my system a huge boost, but I definitely need some new speakers now. The 20yr old Bose are not cutting it. Anywho, I'm super stoked

I replaced the felt slip mat on my 120 a few months ago and have noticed that the vibration from the platter has lessened.

A few weeks ago I scored a 1964 RCA 4VF326 console stereo for 32 dollars at my local thrift store.  

It still has the original manuals, its a tube unit, and it still works.  I have been sanding it down over the last several weeks in preparation for fresh stain.

D2917C95-353F-4E1A-9CFF-FC7B00C254FC-635

36DE95A9-081F-4CAD-B762-627A3583A1FF-635

2E34AEA5-162E-410A-9000-F39CE2E8FEFA-709

B0D41099-A710-4518-845A-A00F71428E6B-709

• 3 months later...