What's the farthest you've ever traveled to see a girl/guy?

I started talking to this girl a few weeks ago and we're really into each other. It feels like we've known each other forever and that we are the exact same person. I know it sounds crazy, but I really want to go see her at some point this year. However, she lives 37+ hours away and that's pretty far + costly. So, good people of VC; What's the farthest you've ever traveled to see a girl/guy?

I went through the very same at this time last year. After one night of chatting, we were both completely taken by one another. That was mid February, and I was in Indy the first week of April. The whole experience was surreal, but so much fun.

took a bus from dallas to phoenix to spend a week with a girl back in 01. and in 03, i took a bus from atlanta to philadelphia to spend a week with another girl.

i was an internet slut back then.

met my wife that way, too. except she came from st.louis to dallas when i was out there for christmas, and then visited again in georgia.

after the georgia visit we took my car and drove back to stl to start a new life, have 3 babies, get married (after 9 years), and eventually dump me for a co-worker 15 months later.

Glad to see some positive stories here.  I dated a girl for a year while we were an hour apart and it was fine.  She had a job where she could come stay with me for like a week and then I didn't see her for a week.  I made the trip too for weekends.  She moved to DC (6 hours from me) and we did a second year back and forth like that.  After a year she gave me an ultimatum to either move up there or end it.  I ended it.  On my last visit I put myself in the shoes as if it would be my new life.  I didn't like it.  I didn't like her new friends.  The funnest day I had that trip was when I was by myself and went record shopping in the city.  Plus I would've had a hard time continuing the label after a massive move and lose all my contacts in the music scene I've lived in.  And I didn't want to leave my friends.

Right now I'm starting to see someone an hour away. 

michigan to georgia and michigan to kentucky. He moved and we had already been together for 2 years so it wasn’t like I was rolling the dice. I guess I’ve never really traveled specifically just to meet someone I was interested in. crack rock steady where is this girl from?

She lives in Washington state and as you know, I'm from Ontario. So, it's pretty evident that there is a big space between us. 

my wife and I lived 3 hours apart and dated for a year before I moved closer to her.

the two other girls/ladies I dated who were farther than 10 minutes from me were either batshit crazy or caused me to go batshit crazy.  had some good times with those two though, let me tell you what... but my wife is the best ever, so fuck 'em.

also, how did this take 19 posts before someone said "DONT GET CATFISHED".  seriously, has Man'ti Teo taught you NOTHING?>!

my wife and I lived 3 hours apart and dated for a year before I moved closer to her.

the two other girls/ladies I dated who were farther than 10 minutes from me were either batshit crazy or caused me to go batshit crazy.  had some good times with those two though, let me tell you what... but my wife is the best ever, so fuck 'em.

also, how did this take 19 posts before someone said "DONT GET CATFISHED".  seriously, has Man'ti Teo taught you NOTHING?>!

That definitely made me laugh, but I've already seen her before, so I know for a fact I will not be getting catfished. 

All throughout 7th-8th grade I was AIM chatting with this chick who lived in Pennsylvania. She seemed super dope and we were into the same kind of music which was a godsend for me at the time.  I wouldn't say we were in a long distance relationship or anything cause we were way too young but we were talking on the phone a lot and really seemed fond of each other.

Fast forward a year later and she's coming out to California to visit other friends or something, and on a weekend where my parents were out of town nonetheless.  I decided to throw a kickback type thing with a bunch of friends over on the night she came to visit.  Couldn't tell you how excited I was.

As soon as she showed up we took a look at each other and I instantly knew there was no chemistry whatsoever.  We were amicable toward each other that night, but she left after like 10 minutes without saying goodbye.

After that AIM chat was never the same for me.

All throughout 7th-8th grade I was AIM chatting with this chick who lived in Pennsylvania. She seemed super dope and we were into the same kind of music which was a godsend for me at the time.  I wouldn't say we were in a long distance relationship or anything cause we were way too young but we were talking on the phone a lot and really seemed fond of each other.

Fast forward a year later and she's coming out to California to visit other friends or something, and on a weekend where my parents were out of town nonetheless.  I decided to throw a kickback type thing with a bunch of friends over on the night she came to visit.  Couldn't tell you how excited I was.

As soon as she showed up we took a look at each other and I instantly knew there was no chemistry whatsoever.  We were amicable toward each other that night, but she left after like 10 minutes without saying goodbye.

After that AIM chat was never the same for me.

It was mutual though? 

I can only speak for myself, but yeah I was not attracted to her at all when I saw her.  She looked totally different from the pictures she sent and was acting like a snobby bitch.  I took her leaving that quickly as a sign that the feelings were mutual. I think we had one more conversation after that where she blamed one of her friends for having to leave so abruptly, but at that point I was just over it.

I can only speak for myself, but yeah I was not attracted to her at all when I saw her.  She looked totally different from the pictures she sent and was acting like a snobby bitch.  I took her leaving that quickly as a sign that the feelings were mutual. I think we had one more conversation after that where she blamed one of her friends for having to leave so abruptly, but at that point I was just over it.

At least you got to experience that, right? I used to live in the past and dwell on "what-if's" all the time, but that got me nowhere. 

@crackrock, you're talking ~ $300 in gas, not including tolls or food or where ya sleeping.  That's so expensive! It's $220 or less ( assuming you're leaving in a few weeks) each way to fly non stop, wouldn't spending the little more money be totally worth the easy convenience plus you get to spend more time with her?

If you have a full car with people, that's definitely a different story though, as it'd be way fun.

@crackrock, you're talking ~ $300 in gas, not including tolls or food or where ya sleeping.  That's so expensive! It's $220 or less ( assuming you're leaving in a few weeks) each way to fly non stop, wouldn't spending the little more money be totally worth the easy convenience plus you get to spend more time with her?

If you have a full car with people, that's definitely a different story though, as it'd be way fun.

I totally intend on flying there! I mean, the drive there would be super nice, but there is no way that's going to happen. 

A little over a year ago I flew down to Orlando to be a friends date to a wedding. We met when I was on tour about 7 years ago. Thanks to the internet and social networking we managed to keep in touch. Over the next 6 years or so, I found myself in Orlando a couple times on family vacations and we met up for dinner both times. We usually would lose touch with each other when she would have a boyfriend, and then I'd usually hear from her when she was single again. So when the opportunity came up, I totally jumped on it.

Best trip of my life. Free day pass to Islands of Adventure/The Wizarding World, Cirque show, date night dinner among other things.

Side note: after returning home, I found out she met someone before I got there. Turns out hes a drummer of a band I really liked. Kind of ruined that band for me, but I have no regrets about the trip.