Keurig K-Cups

Have had my trusty Keurig for 3.5 years, use it at least 2-3 times a day since I also work at home. It's like a schedule at this point - first brew at 7:30 right before I settle into my desk, 2nd brew at 2pm.

For maintenance, when the grinds start to clog up the nozzle, I definitely recommend several rinses with water and vinegar. I've had two 'near misses' with mine where I thought it was a goner, but after enough rinses, it's come back to form. Since the actual cup capsules are off-patent now, there should be more and more cheaper options and more private-label/store brand cups. Wegmans started their own line a few months ago and they are usually in that 40-45 cents a cup range. Kohl's is also good in getting cups w/ coupons and sales, especially Starbucks.

For bulk orders, I use Bigcatcoffees.com which has a huge selection. I usually stick to dark roast or extreme bold flavors only as I think they are closest in form for 'regular' coffee taste. The Dunkin Donuts cups are the best though in my opinion as they taste exactly like coffee brewed in their stores. 

This was the first time I've seen someone talk about owning a Vue. I've thought about upgrading b/c of the larger cup sizes but the lack of cheap cup options is the big inhibitor.

Have had my trusty Keurig for 3.5 years, use it at least 2-3 times a day since I also work at home. It's like a schedule at this point - first brew at 7:30 right before I settle into my desk, 2nd brew at 2pm.

For maintenance, when the grinds start to clog up the nozzle, I definitely recommend several rinses with water and vinegar. I've had two 'near misses' with mine where I thought it was a goner, but after enough rinses, it's come back to form. Since the actual cup capsules are off-patent now, there should be more and more cheaper options and more private-label/store brand cups. Wegmans started their own line a few months ago and they are usually in that 40-45 cents a cup range. Kohl's is also good in getting cups w/ coupons and sales, especially Starbucks.

For bulk orders, I use Bigcatcoffees.com which has a huge selection. I usually stick to dark roast or extreme bold flavors only as I think they are closest in form for 'regular' coffee taste. The Dunkin Donuts cups are the best though in my opinion as they taste exactly like coffee brewed in their stores. 

This was the first time I've seen someone talk about owning a Vue. I've thought about upgrading b/c of the larger cup sizes but the lack of cheap cup options is the big inhibitor.

with your affinity for and presumed (on my part) intake of coffee, i thought for sure you just brewed 4 giant pots of coffee a day and lived off that.  :)

i've heard people get those k-cups for cheap at bed, bath & beyond also.  they use those 20% off coupons that aren't too hard to find and supposedly, that is also a good deal.

with your affinity for and presumed (on my part) intake of coffee, i thought for sure you just brewed 4 giant pots of coffee a day and lived off that.  :)

i've heard people get those k-cups for cheap at bed, bath & beyond also.  they use those 20% off coupons that aren't too hard to find and supposedly, that is also a good deal.

I got through law school on literally a 12 cup pot of coffee in the morning and another at night. Can't say I always finished it, but it was usually close. And it also led me to the doctor after significant and scary heart palpitation issues. Old man Jordan can't handle 64oz of coffee in a 1-2 hour session anymore. The Keurig, to my betterment, keeps me disciplined.

I think I miss Dunkin Donuts more than I miss my family. 

I just happened to stop in a DD about 2 months ago and saw they had k kups so I thought I'd give it a try and now I find myself going out of my way just to grab their k kups. So good! I missed out on the peppermint mocha they had a while back but I grabbed a LE Caramel box last time around. My new favorite coffee. Too bad it won't stick around though.

this was me. except i didnt usually forget them. one morning that i was completely out of it - i threw a k-cup in, hit brew and forgot to put the coffee mug on the machine. i came back into the kitchen to find my k-cup brewed all over the counterrtop, down the cabinets and onto the floor. oddly enough, i was more pissed that i wasted a kcup than i was that i had to clean everything up.

haha i have done this at least 4 times - twice at work, too, where everyone could see my shame and incompetence.