Keurig K-Cups

My wife just got one this Christmas as well. I use it more then her. It's how easy it is to make and not wasteful in the sense that I would brew 8 cups and only drink one.

I love that Donut Shop flavor. My friend swears by the french press. I guess that's the record player of coffee machines...

haha...  ya.  i have a french press, a regular coffee machine, an espresso machine and this nifty contraption:

2902761709_88c37bd68a.jpg

i haven't tried k-cups but i have tried the pods from the nespresso machine and it just isn't the same as any of the above 4 ways that i'll have my coffee depending on my mood.  i like the taste better as well as the ritual of making my coffee a certain way.

I used to have a Keurig.  Makes some great coffe IMO (I especially like the Caribou blend, as we don't have those in Indy).

Thing I couldn't stand was the tiny amount of coffee it made per cup, even on the larger setting.  It became more of a hassle to make coffee during the week when I used this.  Wouldn't mind having one again for weekend use. 

Our brewer started to shit the bed about six months ago and Todd talked me into getting a Keurig to replace it. (He has one as his new office at work and loves it.) It's super convenient when I'm up at 2:45 for a 4AM shift and can't be bothered making a proper pot of coffee AND - and someone else has suggested earlier in the thread - I can use it just for hot water for my French press on mornings I don't have to work. So win/win.

That said, the cups are kind of expensive and aren't available in as wide a variety of blends as I would like, but between proper cups, the reusable cup and the good ol' press, it meets all of our coffee needs. (Between the two of us we spent 13 collectively working for Starbucks, so there is a big coffee need in the house.)

I have a Rio!  Go Kia!

I wish I used my French press more often, but I'm typically in too great of a hurry.  I tend to just set everything up the night before with a timer set on my coffee maker for the next morning.  My coffee maker is a beautiful goddess and I love her.  

10999616469602p.jpg

One of the best purchases I've ever made.  

I was waiting for this thread to happen.

I usually wait for sales in grocery stores to buy a ton of K-cup brews cause I'm interested in trying different coffees. They usually get down to about $7-$8 so it's not too much of a strain on the wallet. Great for tea too. I haven't tried throwing loose leafs into the reusable but using the machine for water then dipping works nicely. If costco carried more brands I'd raid their supply. Tullys is by far one of my favorites. Love the dark stuff. 

And fuck starbucks. They're basically saying "Not only are we going to charge you more than what other k-cup brews cost, but were going to take away two servings as well. Whatcha gonna do about it?" 

I was waiting for this thread to happen.

I usually wait for sales in grocery stores to buy a ton of K-cup brews cause I'm interested in trying different coffees. They usually get down to about $7-$8 so it's not too much of a strain on the wallet. Great for tea too. I haven't tried throwing loose leafs into the reusable but using the machine for water then dipping works nicely. If costco carried more brands I'd raid their supply. Tullys is by far one of my favorites. Love the dark stuff. 

And fuck starbucks. They're basically saying "Not only are we going to charge you more than what other k-cup brews cost, but were going to take away two servings as well. Whatcha gonna do about it?" 

$tarbuck$... embodiment of the American way.

Also - If you're just a regular coffee drinker like myself, Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes a thousand times better. For less than half the price.

Also - If you're just a regular coffee drinker like myself, Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes a thousand times better. For less than half the price.

I think I miss Dunkin Donuts more than I miss my family. 

I think I miss Dunkin Donuts more than I miss my family. 

From 16 on (when I first started to drive to high school school) I got a coffee at Dunkin every day before school/work. I've been trying to save money so since December I've cut it out of my routine totally in exchange for the K-Cups at the office... but it's not the same.

You know what's great for being in a hurry? K-CUPS.

Yeah, that would definitely be convenient in the morning, but when I'm off work and school I like to brew a giant pot of coffee to keep me company during writing and a K-Cup just can't compete with the amount of coffee I'm making or the price I pay from a local shop for beans.

PROTIP- If you can find apple cider k-cups, or just the instant mix (just run the system without a cup in it), dump a few fingers of vodka in a mug with a cinnamon stick, then brew the apple cider k-cup into it or hot water (add the mix with the liquor).

This can also be done with peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate sans cinnamon stick  B)

I love coffee but the regular DD blend doesn't taste strong enough (I always take my coffee black). Maybe I just need to make a smaller cup so it tastes better. Or get the dark roast. Love the hot cocoa though. I usually get the tully's brand and something new every time I go out to buy some. Just bought some Don Francisco vanilla roast to give that a shot. I need to find a place where they have a wide variety of k-cups. I noticed Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a bigger selection than any grocery store I've been to, but it's always full price and never on sale.