THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

You've got to be kidding...!!!

My dad, who grew up during the time the Beatles broke out, thought they were the musical equivalent of dogshit. (he'll admit they got a lot better toward the end of their time as the Beatles, but it's still not his thing.)

Not everyone liked/likes the Beatles. Get over it.

My dad, who grew up during the time the Beatles broke out, thought they were the musical equivalent of dogshit. (he'll admit they got a lot better toward the end of their time as the Beatles, but it's still not his thing.)

Not everyone liked/likes the Beatles. Get over it.

Normally, I don't really care about people listening to other stuff and not liking bands I like...thank God, it's a very subjective thing!

BUT: if someone listens to Green Day, Billy Talent, Blink 182, Offspring, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc. and talks shit about Pink Floyd and The Beatles, I can't take them serious...seriously! :huh::mellow:

Normally, I don't really care about people listening to other stuff and not liking bands I like...thank God, it's a very subjective thing!

BUT: if someone listens to Green Day, Billy Talent, Blink 182, Offspring, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc. and talks shit about Pink Floyd and The Beatles, I can't take them serious...seriously! :huh::mellow:

Pink Floyd is good.  The Beatles are 1% good songs and 99% ridiculous hype.  Most overrated/hyped band of all time. Seriously.  Not discrediting what they've done for music because they've been very influential, but not deserving of the hype.

Pink Floyd is good.  The Beatles are 1% good songs and 99% ridiculous hype.  Most overrated/hyped band of all time. Seriously.  Not discrediting what they've done for music because they've been very influential, but not deserving of the hype.

As said, thank god it's a subjective topic...because in my opinion, there's no band with such high-qualiyt outputs like Sgt.Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, the White Album and Abbey Road within two years.

Sure, there was a "hype" around the Beatles! Otherwise, they wouldn't have gotten the biggest/most famous band EVER!

On the other hand, their musical evolution and (especially the above-mentioned) output within that short time is unreached! I might be going so far to say that in the 45 years since Sgt.Pepper, there is max. ten records that come close to this record in regard of creativity and the consideration of the (musical) decade! No other band made this "timeless" music...

...but probably I'm hyping to much at the moment! ;)

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=111038732260

I refused to believe the price on that..and look at the bids

either someone is really stupid, or someone is getting trolled

or both

I'm selling this record for $229 right now...band broke up and this album is really rare.

I got Three Cheers back in December for $40. It will make for a great turn around.

I passed on it way to many times at around that price (50's) hoping it would die down or it there would be a repress... Instead they break up and prices inflate by 1000% :( Oh well

Though I just bought The Black Parade for 50 bucks. I consider it a pretty good find given the recent prices. 

I passed on it way to many times at around that price (50's) hoping it would die down or it there would be a repress... Instead they break up and prices inflate by 1000% :( Oh well

Thought I just bought The Black Parade for 50 bucks. I consider it a pretty good find given the recent prices. 

There isn't that big of a sound quality difference to be honest. I feel lucky because I was able to snag all of their albums in December for only $120. 

There isn't that big of a sound quality difference to be honest. I feel lucky because I was able to snag all of their albums in December for only $120. 

I also passed on bullets for 20-30 bucks waayyyyyy too many times just assuming they'd be floating around forever since it was their least popular album to many. and I was wrong. I can only hope that once the hoopla dies down I can complete my collection 

I also passed on bullets for 20-30 bucks waayyyyyy too many times just assuming they'd be floating around forever since it was their least popular album to many. and I was wrong. I can only hope that once the hoopla dies down I can complete my collection 

I really wish I could help you get them cheaply, but the day after I bought three cheers the website I bought it from was out of stock. The same with the black parade which I got for 20. Extremely happy I didn't pass on those.I got Bullets for $40 on amazon where it's $60 right now. I still don't understand why people don't like Bullets, it's by far my favorite album they made. If they're getting $300 on ebay reprise has got to be smart enough to repress them.

Edit: derrickcook19941 may be selling a copy of three cheers as it is pictured in his selling thread.

I really wish I could help you get them cheaply, but the day after I bought three cheers the website I bought it from was out of stock. The same with the black parade which I got for 20. Extremely happy I didn't pass on those.I got Bullets for $40 on amazon where it's $60 right now. I still don't understand why people don't like Bullets, it's by far my favorite album they made. If they're getting $300 on ebay reprise has got to be smart enough to repress them.

Band broke up, and they don't even made repress for TBP which is their "best selling album"