THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

ive seen that foo fighters album go for 40-60 with a starting bid of 9.99 or sometimes 99 cents, but never with a starting bid at 100 bucks. and dont even bring up fraziermart, i think we all know how insane and ridiculous his prices are. hes just a flipper gone off the deep end.

I thought about making a new thread but oh well.

I really respect the dude who pressed these records but I think he realized what they would sell for and is attempting to recoup via the ebay sales.

I honestly cannot believe people are paying this much for these variants. It's like the exact opposite of Toby's vinyl philosophy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Bottlerocket-live-06-LP-only-1-done-like-this_W0QQitemZ250270438999QQihZ015QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is it: a once-or-twice-played LP of The Hold Steady’s debut album. I’d have to say this is NM, still in the opened shrink wrap, except for an unfortunate half-inch of worn jacket at the bottom right of the jacket (should’ve used a plastic sleeve as well as the shrink wrap--will place in sleeve for shipping).

once or twice played? but has alot of wear along the bottom edge of sleeve. instead of playing the record he liked to scoot it around on the floor like a matchbox car.

I was just going to post about this. This guy seems shady as hell.

I think he just thinks these will get flipped anyways so why not use the money to fund his label rather than helping someone else make an easy buck off his work. At least that's what I hope he's doing...

I'm sure he also made shit off of these. You're looking at what 400 run, with a "etching" on the b-side, two colors done for $10?

I doubt he made much doing straight sales so if selling a few on ebay for $200 helps, I'm cool by that.

Whatever, I LOVE TBR and have a ton of their stuff but I really don't need more than four copies of a live album simply because one has some red in it. Some kid is gonna be bummed in four years because of this.

Correction:

A run of just over 250 records. That's an incredibly low number to make a profit.

i keep attempting to snag a copy of Everything Sucks by the descendents but it keeps selling for so ridiculously much. kicking myself for not BIN'ing it a few months back when some dude put up a copy for $15 in mint condition.

I got my copy for less than $10, then traded it. And then got another one through a second trade.