Is this Virgil at an Avs game?

rfoster8

there were two options at the end of the Co-op

1. Take the final 2 VC COOP Records and get a refund of $30 (in SH Trade or cash)

2. Take no more records and get a refund of $60 (in SH Trade or cash)

needless to say, its nice to know that almost 2 years later, I got my money and neither This Charming Man or Bigwig. 

VIRGIL, PAY MY GAS BILL

Did the Bigwig record ever come out? I got my This Charming Man LP after a long wait.

8/13/10
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Hey friends, got some good news. I got the This Charming Man demos as wav files so the LP release of This Charming Man will include pretty much every recording the band ever did. The tracks are being mastered for vinyl as we speak at Black In Bluhm. I will then sent it off to the presses. I hope to have everything sent off to be manufactured by late next week. I will keep you posted. 

And with regards to Bigwig, I was finally sent the master. And I was sent the hi-res cover art, but I will have to have the rest of the art duplicated because Kung Fu doesn't have any of the rest of the original art. I have someone working on it now and hope to have it off to the presses in 2 to 2.5 weeks.

Expect another update soon. Once these releases happen, I feel very strongly that things will get back on track. Thanks for your patience. Thanks for being good, nice people. Have a nice weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. 
cleardot.gif

just... look at the date of the email :)  LOLOLOLOLOL

8/13/10
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Hey friends, got some good news. I got the This Charming Man demos as wav files so the LP release of This Charming Man will include pretty much every recording the band ever did. The tracks are being mastered for vinyl as we speak at Black In Bluhm. I will then sent it off to the presses. I hope to have everything sent off to be manufactured by late next week. I will keep you posted. 

And with regards to Bigwig, I was finally sent the master. And I was sent the hi-res cover art, but I will have to have the rest of the art duplicated because Kung Fu doesn't have any of the rest of the original art. I have someone working on it now and hope to have it off to the presses in 2 to 2.5 weeks.

Expect another update soon. Once these releases happen, I feel very strongly that things will get back on track. Thanks for your patience. Thanks for being good, nice people. Have a nice weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. 
cleardot.gif

just... look at the date of the email :)  LOLOLOLOLOL

I am assuming Kung Fu or the band pulled the plug on this. I'm assuming Virgil sent out the copies of TCM and then used the rest for his personal profit. Probably could have made some money off Bigwig as well. But no one would want their music caught up in his tornado of shit that was going on.

Also, remember when Fallon posted on twitter something along the lines of "This Charming Man got pressed? Copies for the band? Yeah, right". I think it got cleared up with him, though. Maybe he never approved of the whole thing.

just playing devils advocate here and trying to fully understand everything. i remember a lot about the co-op but not sure of some of the finer print details. in no way am i defending Virgil. and i don't have a horse in this race either so i'm not bitter about not getting my money back. and for the record it's awesome that Mike T finally got his $60 after all this time.

wasn't the deal with the co-op $60 from 200 people as per what someone said in this thread earlier? members got to vote for the releases (no guarantee a release would be something everyone would like or you personally would like or want), members got an exclusive color that was limited to 200 while the other color was /800 or somewhere around there, definitely way higher than 200. and wasnt it said up front that there would be a guaranteed 4 releases through the co-op and everything after that would be gravy? all the profit would be put back into the co-op to fund future releases, so the co-op would be self funding after the initial investment from the 200 members. if those 4 releases happened, which they did according to what someone posted a few pages back, didn't everyone get their investment back? the $60 turned into 4 $15 records everyone. so there should be no issues with people being angry about not getting their initial investment back since there was a return.  

i get that the money wasn't left in the co-op and Virgil used the money elsewhere, which is one of the things a lot of people are angry over. the not paying people back (strictly co-op speaking, not money Virgil owes to labels) problem only lies with the people who chose one of opt out choices correct? and eventually how he chose to spend money on craft beer bus tours when he still owed money to co-op members. am i missing anything?

so you are saying that since we still got 4 releases that the money left in the vc coop pot was his?

this is why i'm trying to fully wrap my head around everything so i have the whole picture. wouldnt that be where the opt out came in? people had a chance to get all their money back plus however many records came out. people are not just angry about Virgil using the co-op money however he pleased, people wanted the money left over upon the co-ops demise divided up amongst the co-op members?

The coop ended because finances were not managed an there was zero transparency. It was not his label, it was our label. He just so happened to have the bank account to hold all the money in. It's a shame the entire coop forum got deleted, there was some great stuff in there. Team thundercougarfalcon

I have only one crappy post in the Top-20. Might need to up my game a bit. I am picturing something involving RJ and Virgil teaming up to release the next Ambulance LP. In a twist, like Sideways only watchable, they all embark on a tour of craft beer breweries in one bus. There will be lots of montage's and lessons learned in the end. I figure Jakie might finally learn that shirts about beating women are never funny and RJ might find out how much being robbed hurts after Virgil leaves with the buses petty cash. 

I need to flesh it out but there has to be a formula to top 40 Likes. 

I was also in Thundercougarfalconbird.

I can't remember the exact wording of how it was presented but the idea was that it would continue indefinitely or what was in the pot would be refunded. So if the idea failed and there was only 50% of the money left, that money would be returned. But in theory, it should have continued on indefinitely. I believe it was explicitly stated that you could opt out and get your $60 back anytime you wanted.

Virgil did not live up to his end of the deal and anyone who wanted their $60 back is in the right to do so. I just don't feel like harassing a guy who as far as I can tell is still pretty much bankrupt. No matter how in debt you go you gotta spend a dollar on yourself once in a while.

I just read my last post and the statements are conflicting. I think you were supposed to be able to get your $60 back at anytime. There should have never been a funds deficit.

There was a little drama regarding choice of records to press too. Some people didn't think enough about what could sell and used it as a way to press albums they wanted that would never otherwise be pressed. The Falcon and TCM sold well I think. Jealous Sound and AWS were a mistake.