Is this Virgil at an Avs game?

rfoster8

I can't decide if I'm more impressed by the original poster's super sleuthing or Mike's ability to turn that into a refund. What a great thread!

Now I have to put a reminder on my calendar to ask him for my money back in a year because when he gets flooded with requests, I'll be ignored like the rest.

Assuming I could also get a refund, I'm sticking to what I said earlier -- I made more than $60 off the records I got from the co-op so I am happy to just call it even with a dude who hit a bottom.

If I thought it would work, I would send him a message that said "Give the $60 refund I was technically due for the VC Co-op to one of the labels you stiffed, preferably Toby from Red Scare" (just cause that's my favorite label. I don't know Toby or anything).

They are called class action lawsuits. They wouldn't apply in this case, because I doubt you could find a lawyer to take on the case to get 200 people $60 back. They are usually for things like medicine with bad side effects that weren't warned of, where the payoff is in the many thousands or millions (I believe).

Virgil took my $60. I also got 4 records I sold for over $100 I believe (I think the Falcon record went for nearly $50 on ebay). Even if all I had to do was sign my name to a lawsuit I probably wouldn't do it. Dude fucked up. I don't think it was intentional, just shitty business. I've moved on and I hope he is having a decent life post VC. I don't need to drag up old drama out of principle.

If I had bought into his "every Suburban Home record for life" schemes (which cost what, $1k or something like that?) or I was a distro who lost thousands in merchandise, I could see being a little more prone to legal actions.

This is some dope smart adult shit right here.

My issue with Virgil:

If he just fucked up and never put out another record because he went bankrupt - that would be ok.

He hasn't gone bust, he's putting out more records. He owes people money so before he puts it into his own business he should honor his prior commitments. Hope he follows through with Mike and anyone else that contacts him now. 

My issue with Virgil:

If he just fucked up and never put out another record because he went bankrupt - that would be ok.

He hasn't gone bust, he's putting out more records. He owes people money so before he puts it into his own business he should honor his prior commitments. Hope he follows through with Mike and anyone else that contacts him now. 

Starting another label and calling it "greater than collective" is about as stupid a move as bank of America changing its name to "subprime-loans-r-us". Agreed. Would never buy another record from him again, which is kinda contradictory to "hope he is having a decent life". But I meant that more in the "I hope this dudes life isn't so miserable that he jumps" way, not "I want his label to thrive and him to be a fixture in the independent scene again".