Topshelf To Release Toe Catalog On Vinyl

brandy

You save a buck+ if you're buying a single 12".  It ain't no thing.

Just did a blind buy on this. As passionate as everyone seems to be about these releases I figured the band must be worth it. Feel kinda dumb for sleeping on it for this long. At this point I've waited for so long that I might as well just wait until I have the record in hand before I listen to it.

You won't be disappointed.  Unless you specifically like awful music, and shudder at the thought of quality post-rock / math rock.

You save a buck+ if you're buying a single 12".  It ain't no thing.

You won't be disappointed.  Unless you specifically like awful music, and shudder at the thought of quality post-rock / math rock.

Well, the thought of quality post/math-rock gets me pretty stoked so it sounds like I've made a good decision. I just couldn't pass up Purple splatter. Purple is 2nd only to pink when it comes to best vinyl colors. 

Well, the thought of quality post/math-rock gets me pretty stoked so it sounds like I've made a good decision. I just couldn't pass up Purple splatter. Purple is 2nd only to pink when it comes to best vinyl colors. 

Definitely a good choice.  And for the record, the variant is technically clear with purple splatters / accents.  Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were expecting some full-blown purple splatter madness.  I hope this doesn't detract from your ability to be stoked.

Definitely a good choice.  And for the record, the variant is technically clear with purple splatters / accents.  Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were expecting some full-blown purple splatter madness.  I hope this doesn't detract from your ability to be stoked.

Oh I completely understand what to expect from the variant. I've gotten a bunch of Topshelf's recent splatters, so I figure it'll be similar. Besides, I'll pretty much always be 100% satisfied with anything I get from TS. I know they said they'd never do a subscription for a a lot of very valid reasons, but I really wish I could just front them a few hundred bucks once a year.

Wait, were people unaware that it's been up for a month+?

Just the other day I saw it was almost sold out and couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. That's why I didn't hesitate on the one they just put up. Hoping if I start digging the band I'll be able to track down one for a non-ridiculous price.

anybody have any idea if they will have any /100 variants or the box set on tour? missed the first LP on clear w/ black, would love to pick it up when i see them in nyc, and will pick up whatever i can for people here

I highly doubt they will have any vinyl least of all those... if they do it'll probably be the less limited colours, think about the logistics: neither the records or boxsets have shipped yet, so they'd have to either ship them to Japan for them to bring all the way back to North America, or ship them in order to meet up with them on the tour, or for the back to pick them up during tour. Highly doubt it, if they have any merch it'll probably be t-shirts and maybe the Japanese versions of the CDs. That's just my guess, but who knows maybe they will have one, or both of the least limited colours, but I wouldn't hold my breath, least of all for the /100 or boxsets.

(I'm planning on seeing them a few days after you will, so you'll be able to find out for sure before I will, though.)

I have no insider information, I am just guessing. I mean, timing of the vinyl and tour would imply that they might, but I think flying in from Japan they might want to travel light and also the vinyl haven't shipped yet soooo... I dunno I'm just hypothesizing. I think lots of people, myself included would have pre-ordered from topshelf and then bought a ticket to see them since they were announced at the same time. Plus lugging stuff around at shows isn't always fun, not that I really mind, if I see something I like/want I'll buy it and carry it around I don't mind.

But yeah, in terms of logistics and numbers I think if they have any vinyl on the road at all it will prob be the least rare colours.

P.S.: I have a toe t-shirt for sale, its in my FS thread. Basically it's the BSM t-shirt that was offered with UK version of The Future Is Now EP, I got the wrong size, it's a small. I wear L or XL. So obviously I've never warn it, just kept it in perfect condition since I've always intended to sell it since I didn't get my money back for the mix up.

The band will have vinyl on the tour. There is no tour press and they'll likely have least rare variants or second presses (we're re-pressing "The Book..."). They'll have shirts. They'll maybe have Machu Picchu Industrias versions of the CDs / DVDs. We're working on other stuff. Maybe a screen printed poster. No box sets (literally, those are sold out forever, we will never make more and there are no more). Trying to have everything done in time.

All the shows are sold out except Detroit, Cleveland and Columbus (but those three are getting there) so I'd get tickets now if you're planning on going. The whole tour WILL sell out.

Spank you very much.