Relient K - Forget And Not Slow Down "collector's Box" W/ Vinyl - 50% Off

Cool! I didn't know it was only out of 1000. Can anyone else verify that? Sounds like combatchuckaa has the closest thing to clarity. Also, does anyone have any clue about test presses for this album? how many? any rejected test press batches? would love to have some info.

combatchuckaa you shut your mouth. :) just trying to get the info and what better place to do it ;)

There are 50 test presses.  The band put one on eBay as part of a charity auction and listed it as out of 50.  Although, there could actually be 25 sets of two records each and they said out of 50 because they were auctioning only one half (the C/D vinyl- silly to do just part of the set if you ask me).  As for the out of 1000, I just remember reading the drummer's blog and seeing someone ask a question about the pressing numbers and him responding saying it was out of 1000 :)

They only auctioned the C/D side? Haha why would they do that?

Haha no idea.  They included a broken custom RK guitar in the auction as well...apparently a car had run over the neck or something.  Shame, considering apparently only 25 of those guitars had been produced.  It was a weird auction.  

Side thought: I'll trade many, many records for that custom Relient K guitar.  Many.

Yes!  I got mine the other day - looks and sounds great.  I still need to ship the goodies out to combatchuckaa (I'm sorry I haven't done it yet, I'm waiting to finish putting together a whole bunch of orders for my band, but will most likely be doing this before the end of the day!)  I'm sorry you haven't gotten yours yet, I'm sure it will be coming soon.

I'd like some info on the "made in china" wooden boxes they put these in.  The boxes are sealed with that little sticker, so obviously they just did some little wholesale deal from overseas, and I bet they were cheap to get made.  I want to do something like this for Deadhorse!

Yes!  I got mine the other day - looks and sounds great.  I still need to ship the goodies out to combatchuckaa (I'm sorry I haven't done it yet, I'm waiting to finish putting together a whole bunch of orders for my band, but will most likely be doing this before the end of the day!)  I'm sorry you haven't gotten yours yet, I'm sure it will be coming soon.

I'd like some info on the "made in china" wooden boxes they put these in.  The boxes are sealed with that little sticker, so obviously they just did some little wholesale deal from overseas, and I bet they were cheap to get made.  I want to do something like this for Deadhorse!

It's cool, dude.  

FYI, figured out the scoop on test presses. There was a rejected batch of 25 2xLPs that would be identified with a handwritten number and a label that says relient k. Then there was a second batch that was accepted. Those would be identified by hefty white sleeves with center holes to see the record's label which is actually blank.

Dunno if anyone else cares, but there ya go. Source is Davy Basinger (Bleach vocalist), friend of mine who works with Matt Hoopes all the time.

FYI, figured out the scoop on test presses. There was a rejected batch of 25 2xLPs that would be identified with a handwritten number and a label that says relient k. Then there was a second batch that was accepted. Those would be identified by hefty white sleeves with center holes to see the record's label which is actually blank.

Dunno if anyone else cares, but there ya go. Source is Davy Basinger (Bleach vocalist), friend of mine who works with Matt Hoopes all the time.

Good info! 

My boxset came in last week, and one side of the box had come completely off. Fortunately, it's still one piece, and it's nothing a little wood glue can't fix, so I'm not upset about it at all. Besides, the records sound great, and that's what I bought it for!

(The tote bag/photo book/box are still up for grabs, by the way.)

Tell Davy we are still waiting on a new Bleach album.

Haha, he knows. Honestly, I doubt it will happen. He's so busy with Eden Records, not including all his design stuff in Nashville with RK/Deas Vail/The Wedding/HOH, etc. Who knows though?!

Tell him to at least press that one record with the Bring Back the Bassline song. I could listen to that shit for the rest of all time, such a good live act too.

Haha, he knows. Honestly, I doubt it will happen. He's so busy with Eden Records, not including all his design stuff in Nashville with RK/Deas Vail/The Wedding/HOH, etc. Who knows though?!

Ah, not that it matters, but I meant SloSpeak Records. Eden was the head, http://www.SloSpeak.com actually has the bands he manages.

Tell him to at least press that one record with the Bring Back the Bassline song. I could listen to that shit for the rest of all time, such a good live act too.

it would be glorious. he's a fan of the vinylz himself, so it's always a possibility I guess. at least we should always be getting rk release on vinyl from now on!

so now I realize why combatchukaa was giving me such a hard time for "bragging" about my FANSD test press...

--

Trade Between combatchuckaa and you
combatchuckaa Friday, June 24, 2011 @ 11:40 am        
Hey, how's it going? So I have a trade offer for you. I will trade you these records:

All-American Rejects - S/T (Unplayed)
Dashboard Confessional - A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar (Sealed)
New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones (Unplayed)
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (Sealed)

for

Relient K - Forget and Not Slow Down (Test Press)
--
Even for that awesome lot, I couldn't get rid of it! haha. he must be sore still... ;)

so now I realize why combatchukaa was giving me such a hard time for "bragging" about my FANSD test press...

--

Hey, how's it going? So I have a trade offer for you. I will trade you these records:

for

--
Even for that awesome lot, I couldn't get rid of it! haha. he must be sore still... ;)

That's a great trade. I would've done it.

--

for

--

Classy.

• 3 months later...

I ordered this when I pre-ordered Collapsible Lung. Well, I got CL, and I got charged for everything, and it was on the packing slip, but I sure did not get this, and now it's sold out. Oh, life.

Bummer, I am supposed to have one with my CL too. We'll see if it came today. I was gonna order another with my buddy using the discount code they sent me for CL being delayed too. It would have been like $17