The Brand New Thread

Were you the one who threw up all over the urinal and/or left a full cup of piss on top of the same urinal?

Saw that and did an about face. There was a large pile of vomit right on the side of the street as you left the venue, too. I am astounded at how poorly the Brand New crowd seemed to handle their beer. Most I've ever seen at a show.

Saw that and did an about face. There was a large pile of vomit right on the side of the street as you left the venue, too. I am astounded at how poorly the Brand New crowd seemed to handle their beer. Most I've ever seen at a show.

Awful lot of people who looked 16 drinking and ny handling their booze. Saw a ton of people in the lots boozing hard. Probably didnt help

who is going to the philly show?

my best friend tim and I are going and since we're driving up from DC, we are likely gonna get in early and check out philly ( I have been there once and didn't like it ).

anyone tryna meet up early or something?

I'll be there. I'm not sure what time I'm heading over there, though.

Yeah it was pretty terrible. I don't drink at all cause once I start drinking I end up pissing every 10 minutes and I had to drive another 2 hours or so home.

Went to the show last night. This was my first Brand New show, and I feel pretty underwhelmed after it. Here's my night in a nutshell: 2.5 hour drive. An hour in line (had a scalper get in my face about selling a ticket to a board member for face value). Merch was disappointing (4 shirts with limited sizes). Venue sucked (floor was too large with no incline/ balcony had one row of seats reserved for AE employees that were pretty empty with standing room behind them). Openers were meh. Brand new sounded incredible and played an amazing bunch of songs. I kept hearing they played for two hours, we got an hour and 20 minutes with no encore. I felt the band was just going through the motions as if they didn't care or want to be there. Very lackluster. The entire show was backlit, so it was watching a bunch of motionless silhouettes. The setlist at the sound booth was wrong and the tech acted like it was a national treasure at the end of the show. I know none of this should surprise me with how the band is. I think I went in with huge expectations, as I've been waiting years to see them. Yes, I still love the band. Yes, I would see them again. Just sort of bummed out about it. 

Went to the show last night. This was my first Brand New show, and I feel pretty underwhelmed after it. Here's my night in a nutshell: 2.5 hour drive. An hour in line (had a scalper get in my face about selling a ticket to a board member for face value). Merch was disappointing (4 shirts with limited sizes). Venue sucked (floor was too large with no incline/ balcony had one row of seats reserved for AE employees that were pretty empty with standing room behind them). Openers were meh. Brand new sounded incredible and played an amazing bunch of songs. I kept hearing they played for two hours, we got an hour and 20 minutes with no encore. I felt the band was just going through the motions as if they didn't care or want to be there. Very lackluster. The entire show was backlit, so it was watching a bunch of motionless silhouettes. The setlist at the sound booth was wrong and the tech acted like it was a national treasure at the end of the show. I know none of this should surprise me with how the band is. I think I went in with huge expectations, as I've been waiting years to see them. Yes, I still love the band. Yes, I would see them again. Just sort of bummed out about it. 

Sounds about every time I have seen them.

Well that sucks. Who knows if I'll ever get a chance to see them again. If i do I'll have to heavily debate it. Definitely not traveling far.

I havent seen them since 07 or 08, but saw them 5 times from 02 til then. The only time they were any good live was on tour for YFW. Once Deja came out Jesse voice started being bad, had no stage interaction with the crowd or the band, and the band slowed everything down. I've never seen a band lack such passion to play like Brand New has.