The Brand New Thread

I havent seen them since 07 or 08, but saw them 5 times from 02 til then. The only time they were any good live was on tour for YFW. Once Deja came out Jesse voice started being bad, had no stage interaction with the crowd or the band, and the band slowed everything down. I've never seen a band lack such passion to play like Brand New has.

Reading this slightly alleviats my frustration that Ticketmaster doesn't take PayPal so my city sold out before I could get any tickets. Brand. New is one of the only bands left from my adolescent "must see" list.

Saw 'em at Summerfest, and it was incredible. Out of the 5 times I've seen them, they sounded the best there, and I loved the setlist. They jammed You Won't Know for the longest I've seen them do it, about 15 minutes, and Jesse sang solo on the end of Limousine and it was so awesome. If you love the band, you'll love the live show. It's not like they sound bad live.

but not from me, who saw them in Philly and MD, and thought they were as good as they've ever been. granted, I was like 8 when they were "good"

Dude I was totally doing the whole "pffft forget that fancy restaurant we realized we cant afford I heard their food isn't even that delicious really anyway" thing to alleviate the pain I feel from missing them again :(

Damn, the Pittsburgh show has been the only one they cut out Boy Who Blocked and Quiet Things in favor of a Soco closer. I'm sure some people were okay with that, but it's upsetting to me. Largely why I left the show kinda disappointed. Really thinking seeing them on Jesse's birthday was a bad thing, now.

From the people who did get to see these songs peformed live (especially for the first time), how were they? They're two of my favorites from Deja, so I would definitely have had high expectations for them.

Damn, the Pittsburgh show has been the only one they cut out Boy Who Blocked and Quiet Things in favor of a Soco closer. I'm sure some people were okay with that, but it's upsetting to me. Largely why I left the show kinda disappointed. Really thinking seeing them on Jesse's birthday was a bad thing, now.

From the people who did get to see these songs peformed live (especially for the first time), how were they? They're two of my favorites from Deja, so I would definitely have had high expectations for them.

I completely disagree with you man, When Jesse sang "I'm just jealous cause you are young and in love" instead of "You're just jealous cause we're young and in love"  I had tears in my eyes.. The guitarist from my old band used to sing that song when we were 15 and practicing in my parents garage and it made me realize how old I really am...It is something that is going to stick with me for a really long time...

I will never get tired of this band...and I'm glad they didn't play Quiet Things...Would have loved to hear Vices though...

I've seen them do quiet things before and