Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends

i was one of their biggest fans for a while (jumped on the bandwagon as Censored Colors came out).  this most recent tour last year was one the most boring, unenthusaistic performances I've ever seen out them.  think it was my fifth time seeing them (including three road trips longer than 3 hours).  haven't listened to their music since that show.  hopefully this new stuff is pretty good.

I got into them on CC when it came out. Went to the back catalog and loved it. SS came and I felt it was a bit lackluster. Some great songs but overall not the caliber of the previous albums. AG I may have listened to once or twice but I did not dig it for the most part. I haven't been able to really finish ITMITC. The songs just feel more and more like 3 to 4 minute continuations of the Beatles catalog. Not that that is a terrible thing but its certainly isn't as moving as the first three P.TM albums and its not something that interests me very much to hear.

Once they signed to Atlantic I knew things weren't going to necessarily pick up and they didn't (other than becoming more popular) but hopefully this album will be worthwhile and better than the last two (or three, if you count AG).