PO: Justin Timberlake 20/20 Vision Craziness

Guest tms2787

But anyways, I think the album is absolutely awesome. I think there is only two songs that seem a little long winded, they still aren't bad at all. I can't stop listening to it, since Tuesday I haven't stopped. I put something else on and I just go right back to it.

Is it really being sold as a "masterpiece" though?  I mean, he's been EVERYWHERE promoting it, but it's because he's a huge star who's the rare combo of being insanely popular/marketable and actually good.  It's been really overhyped, and people are definitely raving about how good it is, but I don't think many people one here (or maybe in general) would call it a masterpiece.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I really like it, but it's definitely not perfect. Not even close.

I don't think you are, no. I'm not sold on it. I own it and overall I'm glad I do but I don't think it's anywhere near the masterpiece it's being sold as.

I really don't think it's a masterpiece in any sense of the word. It's a ridiculously catchy album that makes me want to dance around my apartment, go to a club, and/or grab my girl and get down. And it's quite rare for a new album to make me feel like that, and it's fun in that regard. The lyrics aren't genius (or all that smart...) but the vocal production is clean and catchy and smart. It's also a great vinyl pressing. That's what makes it a great album to me.

Will it be in my top 10 of 2013? I hope not.

Is it really being sold as a "masterpiece" though?  I mean, he's been EVERYWHERE promoting it, but it's because he's a huge star who's the rare combo of being insanely popular/marketable and actually good.  It's been really overhyped, and people are definitely raving about how good it is, but I don't think many people one here (or maybe in general) would call it a masterpiece.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I really like it, but it's definitely not perfect. Not even close.

Ah. I didn't mean to insinuate that anyone on here was selling it as a masterpiece. 

i just think he came back like he was fired out of a cannon. 

he's reminding everyone that he has the talent and personality to be the biggest star in the country.

i think the album is great, but i think justin timberlake in 2013 is what you could call a masterpiece.

i just think he came back like he was fired out of a cannon.

he's reminding everyone that he has the talent and personality to be the biggest star in the country.

i think the album is great, but i think justin timberlake in 2013 is what you could call a masterpiece.

I'd say he's more of a MANsterpiece.

i feel like this "extended" intro's and outro's are Kanye's fault.  

sometimes i like them

sometimes they feel like cheap filler

sometimes changes from listen to listen.  sometimes it bothers me, other times it doesn't.  yet i don't think this was a "deal" until Kanye made a popular album with long intro's outro's (beautiful  twisted).

I'm really hoping that the second half wasn't produced by Timbaland. Everything he produces just sounds the same and it's pretty much ruined this album for me.

Boooo

When Timbaland is at his best, he's amazing. His stuff with Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Missy Elliott, and the first two JT albums are unfuckwithable as far as 2000s pop goes. Also, 75% of Shock Value is musically awesome. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but he gets a bad rap for no reason IMHO.