Help! I need your tried and true weightloss solutions

Guess who lost 11 pounds? I met with a personal trainer today, and she did a run down of my overall health. We did a high intensity work-out and I thought I was going to die, but I did it. I also threw up afterwards. I'm gonna meet with her every other week, because that's what I can afford atm. So far, so fun.

wow, thats great. good job.

vegan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it could actually help

I do love chicken, but have pretty much abandoned all other forms of meat. I could never become a total vegan though.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice to all of you. I have listened and taken advice from many of your posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I came home for a wake today and my dad, mom, sister, and twin brother called me a fatty.

I weigh 164 pounds and am 5'6.  Two months after being a vegan, in 2008, I weighed 127-130.

not complaining or concerned, i just eat too much salad.  I just needed  somewhere to post this and facebook didn't seem like a good idea.

I came home for a wake today and my dad, mom, sister, and twin brother called me a fatty.

I weigh 164 pounds and am 5'6.  Two months after being a vegan, in 2008, I weighed 127-130.

not complaining or concerned, i just eat too much salad.  I just needed  somewhere to post this and facebook didn't seem like a good idea.

?

Salad made you gain 35 pounds?

I lost about 60 pounds in 6 months after going vegetarian back in 2011. That pretty much stopped after going back to school and getting more work hours though. I need to get back to a temporarily controlled meal plan and running again. I want to lose another 30 or so pounds and put on some muscle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp, I'm down 25 pounds. I took most of thebiglebowski's advice, and it's working like a charm. Damn, I feel so good. I do a little over 3 miles a day on the elipsical (on the cross-training aerobics setting) and I'm able to go a little further and faster all the time. I haven't ventured into the weightlifting section of the gym yet, but that will come. Also I drink superfood every morning, which I absolutely love. I haven't wore a bikini or a bathing suit for that matter in at least 5 years, so I'm excited to hopefully be able to go down to the lake that I haven't been to since I moved here by the end of the summer. I still have about 40 pounds to go, but I know I'm going to do it. I haven't been this happy in years. 

Congrats! Isn't it an amazing feeling being able to do something like this? I mean, so many people struggle with doing this and you've been successful so far! I'm at 35lbs (a little over 4 months of dieting) down myself and have never felt better. It's incredible how much eating less just becomes a habit and less of a chore haha

Congrats! Isn't it an amazing feeling being able to do something like this? I mean, so many people struggle with doing this and you've been successful so far! I'm at 35lbs (a little over 4 months of dieting) down myself and have never felt better. It's incredible how much eating less just becomes a habit and less of a chore haha

Congrats to you, Adventure! It's also pretty amazing how much MORE you can eat and maintain the same caloric intake when you're eating healthily. It's also pretty amazing how much better you feel. A "balanced" diet can be hard at first but once you figure out how you can manage it, it's not so bad and completely worth the effort/planning. 

Also, major props to Loveless! Glad to hear you're going strong and its paying off in multiple capacities!

Congrats to you, Adventure! It's also pretty amazing how much MORE you can eat and maintain the same caloric intake when you're eating healthily. It's also pretty amazing how much better you feel. A "balanced" diet can be hard at first but once you figure out how you can manage it, it's not so bad and completely worth the effort/planning. 

Also, major props to Loveless! Glad to hear you're going strong and its paying off in multiple capacities!

Thanks! Also, congrats to all the other people in this thread doing the same thing. Keep it up. I'm glad we're using this thread for other people to update their progress. It's very motivating.