The Starting Line - Based On A True Story

The odds are 100% that this sells out before you can use your hot cash on it.

Haha. Priceless.

thats what I thought I'm ordering tomorrow as soon as I can I'll be forever kicking myself if i missed this vinyl and I"m not interested in clear at all. thanks for the heads up.

I feel like in every thread even remotely about Hot Topic it has to be said to at least one person (or maybe even once a page haha) that Hot Cash does not work on vinyl anymore. Check the back of these newer Hot Cash coupon's they say vinyl excluded on them. Don't wait around to get anything with Hot Cash. It will never work.

988509_10151746575026979_1396719737_n.jp

WHAT A RIPOFF had me all excited....super lame hot topic. if you weren't the only place that had a decent variant of this record i would most likely buy it from some other store so HA in your stores face. but seriously that's a wicked bummer.

you should start a thread about how angry you are about this...

WHAT A RIPOFF had me all excited....super lame hot topic. if you weren't the only place that had a decent variant of this record i would most likely buy it from some other store so HA in your stores face. but seriously that's a wicked bummer.

Hot Cash for vinyl was available for about 2 years. You snooze you lose buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When was the pre-order for this on SRC?  I ordered the black smoke & clear within minutes of the pre-order launching, and just got them today!!

Look very good, nonetheless.  Have yet to spin them.

Whoa. That's intense. These shipped more than a month ago it feels like.

I would guess they got held up because USPS lost them rather than because SRC shipped your order hella late, but who knows.

I'm sure it's not the case, and it's not to be taken personally, but feels like the guy running the show there has it out for me.  I've had some bad customer service experiences with SRC, real slow (if at all) responses to emails.  I emailed them after I placed a pre-order for the Blink 182 records they sold recently, asking if I could add 2 other vinyl to it (to pay for shipping once, instead of twice on 2 orders).  No one responded after at least a full week.  So I went ahead and placed order #2.  Order #2 ships and I receive it.  Afterwards, get a response saying I can add those 2 albums to the Blink pre-order.  I write back, saying that's ok, I already received that second order.  He goes ahead & adds them anyways, and I have to email again requesting to take them back off.  Luckily I looked at it before it shipped & I was charged for the extra vinyl twice.  I ended up receiving the Blink records too, and all was well.

During that whole mix up he sent an elaborate email, apologized & said it's just him working, shipping, packing, doing the customer service & he's been short staffed & also had some not so witty workers on the payroll messing some things up.  He was nice about it by all means, but said that my Starting Line records would ship out the next day, & free 2 day shipping would be on the house for the delay.  (Afterwards, the order showed my shipping price actually quadrupled when he switched it to 2 day instead of media mail, from $2.99 to $11.99-I still have yet to check what I was actually charged)  I emailed him back about the shipping charge immediately, again, no response.  Well a month went by and I received nothing, so I emailed him again.  He didn't respond, but shipped them right away.  That was last week...

Sounds like a mess at SRC to me, and a guy who could use some good competent workers helping him out.

But, that's just my experience, I've heard good things about them from others.  The records themselves are all great, just that customer service could use some polishing up.  I also take partial blame for placing orders, then requesting to change them afterwards, but at the same time if you just read through an email carefully you should be able to deal with each one as it comes without causing as much ruckus as that.

I'm sure it's not the case, and it's not to be taken personally, but feels like the guy running the show there has it out for me.  I've had some bad customer service experiences with SRC, real slow (if at all) responses to emails.  I emailed them after I placed a pre-order for the Blink 182 records they sold recently, asking if I could add 2 other vinyl to it (to pay for shipping once, instead of twice on 2 orders).  No one responded after at least a full week.  So I went ahead and placed order #2.  Order #2 ships and I receive it.  Afterwards, get a response saying I can add those 2 albums to the Blink pre-order.  I write back, saying that's ok, I already received that second order.  He goes ahead & adds them anyways, and I have to email again requesting to take them back off.  Luckily I looked at it before it shipped & I was charged for the extra vinyl twice.  I ended up receiving the Blink records too, and all was well.

During that whole mix up he sent an elaborate email, apologized & said it's just him working, shipping, packing, doing the customer service & he's been short staffed & also had some not so witty workers on the payroll messing some things up.  He was nice about it by all means, but said that my Starting Line records would ship out the next day, & free 2 day shipping would be on the house for the delay.  (Afterwards, the order showed my shipping price actually quadrupled when he switched it to 2 day instead of media mail, from $2.99 to $11.99-I still have yet to check what I was actually charged)  I emailed him back about the shipping charge immediately, again, no response.  Well a month went by and I received nothing, so I emailed him again.  He didn't respond, but shipped them right away.  That was last week...

Sounds like a mess at SRC to me, and a guy who could use some good competent workers helping him out.

But, that's just my experience, I've heard good things about them from others.  The records themselves are all great, just that customer service could use some polishing up.  I also take partial blame for placing orders, then requesting to change them afterwards, but at the same time if you just read through an email carefully you should be able to deal with each one as it comes without causing as much ruckus as that.

I am a little confused as to what the issue is but I will discuss with Danny and assure he gets back to you to address any concerns. However if we do something beyond your initial order (Change shipping, ship separately etc..) we dont charge you for it unless we explicitly say "it will cost X amount and is it ok if we charge you". I am pretty sure in this situation we are covering any additional charges. I will talk to him and make sure we can get your concerns answered.

And yes we are looking for competent help! Anyone in the area feel free to email [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances of this going on clearance at Hot Topic like the other Starting Line vinyl?

I think there are enough copies of this around that it will hit clearance eventually.

You're jumping on that train a bit early though. Say Anything - IDOTG came out last year and only recently hit clearance. From Hot Topic's perspective BOATS is still a newer release.