Tool - Opiate 21st aniv. re-issue.

Where does it say it will be a 2xLP?

very good question.

i remember reading this yesterday and he said 'i was raised on double ablums with gatefold jackets, so that's what we'll be doing'.

i guess i assumed it would contain additional material that they left off the original.

but reading through it again, i didn't catch that part this time.

i'll fix the title.

There is a lot confusion about this reissue. As usual TOOL fans know, whatever band members say in interviews or anything should not be taking as fact unless they actually come out and say so.

From the few teaser pics of the printing of the "jacket" and of Adam signing a few, I am thinking that it's a CD. And not 100% for sure if all will be signed by the entire band. Surely they're doing a shitload of them, but who knows.

Thought as my first post here I'd write about something dear to me...

From a link from the TOOL Facebook page:

"Are there bonus tracks on this thing?"
"There are no bonus tracks. It’s the original CD in new packaging. We’re writing right now, so there’s not really the time to readdress that stuff. That’s why we’re not making that many. If it was a bigger commercial thing, there might be an expanded version."

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/interview-tool-guitarist-and-visual-guru-adam-jones-on-the-making-and-reissue-of-opiate.html

It would seem that is this a CD only release without much besides new artwork... Bit of a bummer to be honest. I'll still try and get a copy or two but I was hoping for a little more.... Oh well.

Hi everyone!

Thought as my first post here I'd write about something dear to me...

From a link from the TOOL Facebook page:

"Are there bonus tracks on this thing?"

"There are no bonus tracks. It’s the original CD in new packaging. We’re writing right now, so there’s not really the time to readdress that stuff. That’s why we’re not making that many. If it was a bigger commercial thing, there might be an expanded version."

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/interview-tool-guitarist-and-visual-guru-adam-jones-on-the-making-and-reissue-of-opiate.html

It would seem that is this a CD only release without much besides new artwork... Bit of a bummer to be honest. I'll still try and get a copy or two but I was hoping for a little more.... Oh well.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for that bit of info. Welcome to the board.

This is now on sale for TA members.

Crazy price tag.. but apparently it comes with some bonus prize...

" That should about cover it, except to mention again that EACH variation of 1000 contains a special (randomly chosen) "SEAL OF XATANITOS" which entitles the bearer of to a certain prize. This "seal" will be included on the 5 UNIQUE certificates of authenticity contained in the prize winning package."

This is now on sale for TA members.

Crazy price tag.. but apparently it comes with some bonus prize...

" That should about cover it, except to mention again that EACH variation of 1000 contains a special (randomly chosen) "SEAL OF XATANITOS" which entitles the bearer of to a certain prize. This "seal" will be included on the 5 UNIQUE certificates of authenticity contained in the prize winning package."

Haha what?  Seems kinda confusing..

Limit of 3 of each variation? Who's gonna pay $2250 for 15 copies of this? Oh, wait...

I love Tool but I can't justify $150 for something that is just a collector's item. 

Edit: Meanwhile I can't get myself to log out of the site and I'm still contemplating buying this. What's wrong with me?!?

Limit of 3 of each variation? Who's gonna pay $2250 for 15 copies of this? Oh, wait...

I love Tool but I can't justify $150 for something that is just a collector's item. 

Edit: Meanwhile I can't get myself to log out of the site and I'm still contemplating buying this. What's wrong with me?!?

That first part cracked me up when I read it. It's like "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!". I know TOOL fans can have deep pockets but c'mon.

I bit and got one. I love TOOL and no apologies for it.

That first part cracked me up when I read it. It's like "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!". I know TOOL fans can have deep pockets but c'mon.

I bit and got one. I love TOOL and no apologies for it.

Never a need to apologize when it comes to Tool. ;)

I bought Salival when it came out in 2000. I was 20, washing cars for a living, so $60 was a lot of money but I didn't think twice about buying it. But that release has more to it than this. Or does it?

Now, I work part time at a record store, part time in school and full time rely on my wife to support us. She's also a huge Tool fan but she probably wouldn't agree with $150 for this. That's if I tell her, of course. ;)