Gaslight Anthem - Singles Collection: 2008-2011 - Box Set

I'm sure they have all the details finished... but labels plan releases months and months in advance. S1D shouldn't change their timeline because the info for this leaked and every distro jumped on it before they wanted it to. It'll be on sale when they wanted it to be on sale.

I'm sure they have all the details finished... but labels plan releases months and months in advance. S1D shouldn't change their timeline because the info for this leaked and every distro jumped on it before they wanted it to. It'll be on sale when they wanted it to be on sale.

You're making a lot of assumptions there.

Y'all are overlooking some things. 4.99 per 7" plus 2.99 shipping per 7" multiplied by 9 7"s equals $71.82. This is 63.98 ppd. Plus you get the box.

If you don't like the band I could see how it would be boring. But it is hardly pointless. Several of the songs haven't even been on vinyl before this and for the ones that were you can not get them all from one place.

Y'all are overlooking some things. 4.99 per 7" plus 2.99 shipping per 7" multiplied by 9 7"s equals $71.82. This is 63.98 ppd. Plus you get the box.

If you don't like the band I could see how it would be boring. But it is hardly pointless. Several of the songs haven't even been on vinyl before this and for the ones that were you can not get them all from one place.

Make it clear for me pleaase.

9 A sides will be taken from the albums

6 B sides are Acoustic and Lives versions of some songs from albums

3 B sides are...unreleased, rare B sides

Am I right?

Am I right?

What do I need to make clear? Some songs in the box have never been on vinyl. Some of the songs have been on vinyl, but are now OOP. The rest of the songs are still available on vinyl, but are not easy to come by together.

Have any of these songs been available before? If so, where?

A few of them were Euro Only 7"s released on Banquet records. I actually have them and need to sell them soon!

I'm trying not to bitch but if I were, it would be less focused on the fact that a lot of the songs are nothing new and more on the fact that I wish it had just been a single or double LP to reduce the amount of record flipping needed.

I'm not saying singles shouldn't exist, but the idea used to be that you released a song or two early before the album, then the album. Taking a bunch of old songs to singles instead of combining them onto a single LP is just a bunch of unnecessary record flipping that could have been avoided to me.

Am I right?

None of the songs are completely unreleased, though it's the first time a few of them are being pressed.

What do I need to make clear? Some songs in the box have never been on vinyl. Some of the songs have been on vinyl, but are now OOP. The rest of the songs are still available on vinyl, but are not easy to come by together.

Can you tell me full amount of songs, that we "can't" find on vinyl/never were pressed? Excluding live/acoustic tracks.

Why would you want to exclude live and acoustic tracks? Isn't that the main draw for the boxset...

I don't care about acoustic(because if i want to listen to acoustic versions i can grab my guitar and sing it for myself) and live tracks, because it's bullshit(because you can find shitload live versions on youtube recorded by fans, and they will sound better)

Once Upon A Time

Antonia Jane (if you count it)

So!

Box Set contains:

9 tracks directly from the albums

7 tracks is different versions of tracks from albums

2(!) rare and hard to find vinyl bsides reissues

It is worth $60 if it would ltd to 500 + the records on different colours

Or if it was FULL collection of the singles from 4 albums. It would make sense(for me)(and worth $90-100)

So! You pay $60 for 2 songs+9 printed paper sleeves and WOODEN BOX(ZOMG).

Sorry if you dont agree with me. I like Gaslight (especially these 2 albums(in my opinion "Film Noir" their best song)), but this box just don't make sense(for me)

I don't care about acoustic(because if i want to listen to acoustic versions i can grab my guitar and sing it for myself) and live tracks, because it's bullshit(because you can find shitload live versions on youtube recorded by fans, and they will sound better)

This is an interesting viewpoint. I don't share it, but that's cool. You don't have to pick it up.

But really you know one of the main reasons people buy box sets like in general is to pick up the new/unreleased tracks, right? It gives fans who have already bought the records an incentive to buy.

The way you'd like to see this come out (with just the singles) makes a whole lot less sense to me than this. Why would I buy 90$ worth of album tracks when I already have the LPs on my shelf? Plus this is just on S1D so Handwritten tracks can't be included.

The way you'd like to see this come out (with just the singles) makes a whole lot less sense to me than this. Why would I buy 90$ worth of album tracks when I already have the LPs on my shelf? Plus this is just on S1D so Handwritten tracks can't be included.

I meant not just singles. I meant full replica for every single from EVERY album(sleeve+song itself+bside).

Yeah I know, but still a little pricey. As an example you can buy their full(?)5 records) discography and only for $64 at shopradiocast.

(sorry for my english)

So!

Box Set contains:

9 tracks directly from the albums

7 tracks is different versions of tracks from albums

2(!) rare and hard to find vinyl bsides reissues

It is worth $60 if it would ltd to 500 + the records on different colours

Or if it was FULL collection of the singles from 4 albums. It would make sense(for me)(and worth $90-100)

So! You pay $60 for 2 songs+9 printed paper sleeves and WOODEN BOX(ZOMG).

Sorry if you dont agree with me. I like Gaslight (especially these 2 albums(in my opinion "Film Noir" their best song)), but this box just don't make sense(for me)

This may seem like too much of a simple solution for you, but why don't you grab your guitar and sing yourself some acoustic versions while watching youtube? Then you don't have to buy the box and you can stop bitching and moaning about it.

I meant not just singles. I meant full replica for every single from EVERY album(sleeve+song itself+bside).

Yeah I know, but still a little pricey. As an example you can buy their full(?)5 records) discography and only for $64 at shopradiocast.

(sorry for my english)

Yeah, but the b-sides for all of these singles are the live and acoustic tracks you don't want. I see what you're saying, but you seem to be inventing songs that don't exist.