PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

get a remastered for vinyl pressing.

No need for that. You should try to find the legitimate original version that has the name 'RAYS' etched in the dead wax. That is the good version of R (and it really is an amazing pressing of that album) . All the other versions sound like shit.  

I've been holding off on pre-ordering this one.  I cant decide if I like it or not...    I've been a huge fan of the band for 14 years, have spent stupid amounts of money on all J-Ho related releases and gigs etc....  and I just cant bring myself to pull the trigger on this.    

To me, the songs just sound lame.  Perhaps I'm getting old,  or I just don't 'get it', but to me it doesn't sounds like a QOTSA record.

And to echo nothingnatural's statement, the original pressing of Rated R/X does sound very good.

I've been a huge fan of the band for 14 years, have spent stupid amounts of money on all J-Ho related releases and gigs etc

Same here. Got into them around 99 or so and have been hooked ever since. I had heard Kyuss here and there before hearing QOTSA but I didn't end up buying any Kyuss releases til well after I was heavily listening to Queens. 

Maybe the new album will be a "grower" for ya. I've only listened to 'My God is the Sun' so far and I definitely like it. I have no plans to listen to the leak, just gonna wait for the LPs to show up. 

I guess I'm in the minority though as I actually like Era Vulgaris and I see that album tends to get quite it's fair share of shit from fans.

I guess I'm in the minority though as I actually like Era Vulgaris and I see that album tends to get quite it's fair share of shit from fans.

Well,  I admit that EV is my least favourite QOTSA album,   partly due to the production.  But it still has some classic dirty riffing from JH,  such as Turnin' On The Screw, 3's & 7's etc...   There's just none of that on the new LP.

But you could well be right about it being a grower,   once I get over the fact that it is definitely 'different' perhaps it will grow on me... I do hope so!

No need for that. You should try to find the legitimate original version that has the name 'RAYS' etched in the dead wax. That is the good version of R (and it really is an amazing pressing of that album) . All the other versions sound like shit.  

I have the gatefold version of Rated X that doesn't have this, the one with the sticker printed on the front and no insert, and it actually sounds stellar *shrug*. what sounded so bad to you, just curious

I know, I'm looking for one presently.  If you come across one for sale, PM me please.

If you come across one for sale, PM me please.

It's tough to come by since the differences between the pressings are usually slight. You'll just have to ask eBay/Discogs sellers for the matrix number. I know the original also has a larger parental advisory sticker attached to the gatefold. There's some sites that explain all the differences between the pressings.

It's tough to come by since the differences between the pressings are usually slight. You'll just have to ask eBay/Discogs sellers for the matrix number. I know the original also has a larger parental advisory sticker attached to the gatefold. There's some sites that explain all the differences between the pressings.

Thanks for the tip about the sticker, didn't know that one.  Now the waiting game.

Nope. Just the few songs that have already been released along with the animated videos. Can't trust Trent Reznor's tweets, apparently.

Trent Reznor ‏@trent_reznor

Ahh... I see even "regular" people like you can hear it now, too! http://www.likeclockwork.tv/ 

Josh gave me the excellent new @QOTSA record a while ago which gets listened to every day on the way to NIN rehearsals.

My Rated X has the sticker, yet no Rays.  Has a Made in Germany sticker on the back as well.  Pretty sure it's original, picked it up in 2002-ish.  Sounds great.

There's around 3 or so different versions (maybe 4). The very first copy that came out has 'RAYS' on the dead wax. It's only etched into side A and it's kinda hard to spot at first. Side B also has a little square with a bare ass on it rather than the 'X' that's on the other side. It's also 'Made in EU'. 

The differences are minor but the 'RAYS' copy is most definitely an amazing version of the album.