PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

I hope some b-sides pop up. Maybe some 7" releases. They have released a lot of extra stuff for their other albums so I'm hoping something comes out soon.

I guess I'm just being a greedy fuck but the album is a tad bit on the short side. I love it none the less, it just left me wanting to hear more.

I'm still waiting for this album to kick in for me. It's good but my expectations for it were too different from what it is. What's the point of having Jon Theodore and Dave Grohl drum on your album if you almost never utilize them to their greatest strength of rocking and kicking the shit out of the kit.

I'm still waiting for this album to kick in for me. It's good but my expectations for it were too different from what it is. What's the point of having Jon Theodore and Dave Grohl drum on your album if you almost never utilize them to their greatest strength of rocking and kicking the shit out of the kit.

I have to agree with you. I was hoping for a more rockin' record. It is good, but not like SFTD.

With the exception of Reznor, I can hardly tell any of the special guests are actually on this record. 

I agree. Why have all of these big name musicians on your album if you won't let them stand out a bit? Reznor is really the only one that makes his presence felt. With that said though, the album has grown on me a lot and if I didn't know all of these great musicians were on the record I wouldn't be complaining at all. 

With the exception of Reznor, I can hardly tell any of the special guests are actually on this record. 

I agree. Why have all of these big name musicians on your album if you won't let them stand out a bit? Reznor is really the only one that makes his presence felt. With that said though, the album has grown on me a lot and if I didn't know all of these great musicians were on the record I wouldn't be complaining at all. 

Honestly, I like that the vocal contributions are blended in pretty well and subtle. Reznor is obvious on his solo lines in "Kalopsia" but otherwise, I don't hear him (or any of the other vocal guests) stand out anywhere else except for hearing a touch of Oliveri in a certain part. Can't remember where that is.

I just wanted the BPM and overall drive of this album to be way higher than it is. I totally respect it for what it is but I was really thinking I was gonna get some heavy grooves and tasteful drumming acrobatics.

I was hoping oliveri would stand out like he did in rated r and I was hoping grohls drums would be more fun. I as well thought the bpms could have been faster

i thought the same thing the first time i spun the LP. then i listened to it a second time and decided the record was genius production wise from cover to cover. then i listened to it probably a dozen times this weekend. couldn't be happier with this record. It's got a very late 60s sensibility mixed with the vibe of the self titled record. i love it. 

Josh has said in multiple interviews that the point was never to have big names on the record, that these people are merely his friends and he needed help with inspiration for the songs. He said it didn't occur to him until the promotion bandwagon came out that he got nervous about it. This album is incredible. It doesn't sound like anything else they've done previously, though the opening two tracks would have fit in on the criminally underrated Era Vulgaris, and it's stronger for it. Every listen over the last couple of weeks has only made me love this more. I'm so glad they didn't retread anything. Frankly, I don't want a Songs for the Deaf Part II.

I am SO frustrated right now. Ordered the standard from amazon.co.uk and it arrvied with both LP's warped. LP1 playable but LP2 I did not risk as it was very wavey (up/down/up/down, etc). Ordered a replacement which has arrived today in WORSE condition!! Again, both LP's badly warped and they are both full of those little 'pimple-like' indents on the surface and other random marks from a poor press/handling. Upon playback, they're both noisy. Side 4 has a scraping sound in the background for the entire side. I even cleaned my stylus as I thought it might have had some dirt on there but got the same result.

Am I just going mad? Are these meant to be like this?

One of the worst purchases I've had for some time.