The Heist- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis LP

you're only saying kanye to get a rise out of me. that's not gonna work. because you, and everyone else reading that, knows how dumb it is.

i would say that the only "shitty swag rapper" that i listen to would be drake. don't really like him all that much, but take care is a fantastic album. otherwise, i don't waste my time.

Everyone's allowed to listen to whatever they want... I'm a HUGE Kanye fanboy, and a casual Macklemore & Ryan Lewis fan.  I wouldn't even attempt to compare the artistic credibility of the two because that would be unfair to both of them.  They make totally different types of music. Neither are going to appeal to everyone.  Who cares?

you're only saying kanye to get a rise out of me. that's not gonna work. because you, and everyone else reading that, knows how dumb it is.

i would say that the only "shitty swag rapper" that i listen to would be drake. don't really like him all that much, but take care is a fantastic album. otherwise, i don't waste my time.

I'm saying Kanye because he sucks just as much as Macklemore and you obviously think highly of Kanye but not Macklemore.

50 bucks for a one hit wonder 2XLP limited to 15000 copies? You guys are fucking insane.

Your user name is ironic in this case.

Macklemore has released one fad album and Kanye has released 6 highly acclaimed albums. You have to admit, from an objective perspective, that are in a different boat.

This completely. I really don't like Kanye, and really like (love?) Macklemore, but objectively I can't compare the two impact and popularity wise.

Wait, people think Kanye is on the same level as this? really? SERIOUSLY? People think that one of the most innovative artists of the last ten years is on the same level as a decent, forward thinking rapper with some solid production?

I like Macklemore & I like Kanye (more so his earlier stuff, although Yeezus is pretty good) but they arnt on the same level at all.

That's like putting Lil Wayne on the same level as Del.

I'm saying Kanye because he sucks just as much as Macklemore and you obviously think highly of Kanye but not Macklemore.

I like Macklemore & I like Kanye (more so his earlier stuff, although Yeezus is pretty good) but they arnt on the same level at all.

That's like putting Lil Wayne on the same level as Del.

Fuck off with dick measuring.  It's all apples to oranges, none of the names being thrown around are even remotely comparable.

And since when has "critical acclaim", or mainstream success meant anything to any of you?

Since now, I'm selling all of my records that haven't gone platinum.

also, this isn't Macklemore's only album (or even best).
Before The Heist, he had 2 other albums, a mixtape, and an EP.
This is my jam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m068AYii1N0

On topic: definitely want to own this release, but will likely wait awhile and see if the price goes down.

• 1 month later...