Hannibal

• 1 year later...

I didn't have time to watch it when it first aired, so I watched it last night. That episode was pretty nuts. The scenes with Abel Gideon were pretty fascinating. Poor Anthony Dimmond was so disappointed that it didn't turn into that kind of party. I'm very excited to see what happens between Bedelia and Hannibal now though!

I'm loving the slow pacing thus far. Really getting time to spend with each character and how they're picking up the pieces after that traumatic night. Abigail representing the part of will's psyche that is still forgiving and attached to Hannibal is wonderful.

I could see if you favored S1 that the show would be losing you, though!

I agree with both, but I wouldn't quite say its boring. I loved how the first episode of this season was a look at Hannibal and then this episode was about Will. And then we find out about Hannibal when he was younger. Both episodes have been great character building, and the opening scene from this week, went into my detail about how last season ended, was fantastic. Its crazy how something so gruesome can be filmed so beautifully. But yes, I hope it does pick up some, which I imagine it does, when Will and Hannibal come face to face.

Yeah, Bryan Fuller was explicitly stating that this season -- particularly the beginning, would be abandoning the whole procedural drama format. He basically said the new season premiere should be thought of more as a "series premiere". As a result, the slow pacing doesn't surprise me; they're literally reinventing some of these characters. That being said, I'm absolutely certain this season will pick up, particularly towards the latter half when the Tooth Fairy is going to be introduced. Seriously can't wait for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

You know when someone tells you about a dream they had and 1/3 through their story you wish you never would have gotten invested with this situation in the first place? That's kinda how season 3 has been for me.

exactly my thoughts. the slow, dreamy sequences are painful. in the first two seasons, when things slowed down, it built suspense and you knew something good was gonna happen. but now, when things get slow and dreamy you just have to prepare yourself to be bored for the next couple minutes. i miss the scene cuts with the time-lapse sky and the extended dinner preparations. the blurry, underground catacombs in the season 3 opener almost lost me. things kind of picked up in the last episode. that surprise murder and the fireflies were cool. remaining hopeful.