PO: Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim

i thought the purpose of record store day was to get people into record shops? what difference does it make it if they repress it in the same color?

yes, it is but its also rather deceptive.  I'm not a variant collector, and don't give a shit about color or foil stamps or any of that business, but if something is advertised as exclusive to record store day, I'm going to make an extra effort or shell out some extra cash to get a copy on that day.  Otherwise, I would wait and be happy with a potentially cheaper non-exclusive version.

I'm really glad they are repressing this.  I think all the Sigor Ros albums should get a mass pressing.  I just think its unfair that they advertised an exclusive release last year, and then go back on that.

There were a few releases this year that were RSD first or RSD color exclusive that I just passed on because I knew I could get a different version cheaper later.

My biggest regret as far as records go was stupidly setting down a copy of this last RSD to run back to my car to grab my other debit card. Needless to say it was long gone by the time I got back minutes later. Glad I can get this.

yes, it is but its also rather deceptive.  I'm not a variant collector, and don't give a shit about color or foil stamps or any of that business, but if something is advertised as exclusive to record store day, I'm going to make an extra effort or shell out some extra cash to get a copy on that day.  Otherwise, I would wait and be happy with a potentially cheaper non-exclusive version.

I'm really glad they are repressing this.  I think all the Sigor Ros albums should get a mass pressing.  I just think its unfair that they advertised an exclusive release last year, and then go back on that.

There were a few releases this year that were RSD first or RSD color exclusive that I just passed on because I knew I could get a different version cheaper later.

Why don't you just sell your RSD version for exactly what you paid, then buy the new version. I am sure many people would line up to buy your copy. Solved!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...