what phone do you have?

I've had 3 generations of the iphone, including most recently, the iphone 5.  I upgraded to the 5 last fall and just gave it to my wife last month.  I wasn't eligible for an upgrade since I just used mine a few months back and was forced to pay in full for a new phone out of pocket.  I ended up buying the Galaxy S3 and its by far my favorite phone that I've ever used.  I did try the HTC One X for a week last fall and had tons of issues with it.  I would go with the Galaxy s4 personally, but go with the one you like most.  My opinion is spend some time at your local cell providers office with any phone you are considering.

Iphone 5, I pay my rent by selling these things so I'm pretty knowledgable regarding phones. I would highly recommend the htc one over the Samsung s4. S4 is a good phone, but the one is definitely better.

question:

do you see the htc one being supported for a couple more years as far as new software comes out? like i know its running jelly bean 4.2.1 now, im guessing it will get 4.2.2 or skip straight to 5 when it comes out.....but i see like today it was just posted that the htc one x will get the 4.2.2 and then that will most likely be the last it will be updated. whereas with apple's iOS im running iOS 6.1.3 on my 3GS even though its kind of pointless. i guess i just dont want to get the htc one and be stuck in it a couple months from now where all the other new phones are getting updated software and i wont be able to.

that make any sense?

I was able to upgrade to an HTC EVO 4G LTE (ridiculous name) for about $20 through amazon wireless.  I had the regular EVO 4G before that.  Perhaps I'm just used to the HTC style but I really do like their phones.  The HTC ONE looks freaking awesome.  If I'd been willing to pay more for a phone that's probably the one I'd go with.

My girlfriend bought a Samsung Note 2 recently and she loves it.  Although before that she had an old crappy blackberry so upgrading from that anything will look nice.  I really like how it comes with a stylus so you can write directly onto the screen and it translates it into text for you.  Some people might not like how big it is but I don't really find it to be that problematic.

i currently have an iphone 3gs (yeahyeahyeah) and im due for an upgrade next month. the galaxy s4 looks neat but im leaning towards the HTC one. unless at the google conference they announce a new nexus or the motorola x within a month or two.

I have had an HTC One X since August 2012. I can't say that the following issue I'm about to mention is due to the hardware itself or the service provider but I've had all kinds of recurring trouble with not getting calls (seeing voicemails with no missed call listed) and texts being delayed anywhere from 20 minutes to 10 hours. I have a feeling its just AT&T but on top of all that, the HTC One that I have does not have removable/changeable battery and has NO SD card slot!!!! When I figured this out (the hard way, as I did no research on the phone, I know its stupid but it was under weird circumstances that I switched) I was completely shocked and aghast that any phone manufacturer would make a phone without SD expandable memory. Fuck the cloud storage. That costs you data. I want internal physical storage. You know like the phones 5 years ago had. What the shit?

I've been envying the Samsung galaxy from the day I got this thing.

iphone 5. i have had nothing but the iphone since it was released (i have had the original, 3GS, 4, and now the 5). i have no complaints. the phone allows me to do a ton of shit, and it is pretty sleek. i really don't care for apple products in general but the iphone is awesome, in my opinion.

i was thinking about just getting the iphone 5 since thats what im familiar with and i honestly love the iOS and jailbreaking it. but then i was reading around and found out that most of the stuff i wanted to do with the jailbreak (customizations and other little things) are standard default stuff with android. and on top of that you can also root androids to go even further, im interested in messing around with it now.